- 20 minutes
- For 4 people
- 1.6 € / person
- 265kcal per 100g.
How to make mussels à feira with cachelos or Galician style.
A super simple and simple to prepare cover, so easy that it is impossible that you do not get it right the first time.
It is a very grateful preparation, with that taste of the sea that Galician mussels give us, it is very important that they are of quality and in my opinion those from my land are the best.
Do not fail to consume because it is a cheap and full seafood possibilities because they can be prepared in many ways: Mussels in Berserker sauce , Tigers or broiled mussels , mussels vinaigrette , pie mussels , seafood salad , pasta with mussels and mushrooms , broth noodles with clams and mussels , cod with mussel cream … and many more recipes that I will present to you on the blog.
Galician-style mussels are prepared simply with Galician cachelos or potatoes (I use those from my father’s garden, full of flavor), a good extra virgin olive oil, paprika from La Vera and a well-fruited white wine.
I leave you with a simple recipe to enjoy this cheap and tasty “á feira” style mollusk .
I hope you like them and dare to prepare them, do not forget to accompany them with the same wine with which we have prepared the sauce or a very cool beer.
Preparation of mussels and potatoes
- The important thing in this recipe is to choose well its main ingredient: mussels .
- Go to your trusted fishmonger and recommend fresh mussels from Ría de Arousa, better that they be Galician.
- We wash the mussels very well in cold water and remove all the impurities that come in the bag.
- We put a jet of extra virgin olive oil in the saucepan and fry the garlic for a few seconds. Add three bay leaves and then the mussels.
- We stir them well with a wooden spoon for half a minute and add half the glass of wine, the rest of the wine is for the cook. So we are taking flavors from the recipe.
- We leave it cooking for 1 minute at a high temperature and as soon as they are all open we remove them with a slotted spoon.
- Let cool and reserve on a plate. We are not going to throw the cooking water, strain it and leave it in a small saucepan.
- We put a casserole with water and a handful of salt to cook. We peel the cachelos or Galician potatoes that will impress you.
- We cook them for 15 minutes over medium heat. Drain and reserve for final assembly.
- Peel a clove of garlic and chop finely. We reserve.
Assembly and presentation of mussels in Ribeiro
- We put all the juice, that wonderful broth that smells that it feeds, to reduce to low heat for about 4 minutes.
- A sauce should be a little thick, like a light béchamel sauce .
- While reducing the sauce we remove the mussels helped by a good knife, we drag the whole mussel until the interior is clean.
- We clean the filaments and the broken shells that are stuck to the mussel well and reserve on a plate.
- We clean with the knife the shell of the shell in case it had any remains stuck to its surface.
- For the presentation, we choose a large flat plate or platter, where we can serve everything.
- Smash or crush the cheeks with a fork, they will serve as a base.
- We place the mussels on top covering the entire dish and add the Ribeiro sauce soaking the potatoes.
- A good jet of extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with paprika from La Vera.
I encourage you to visit more recipes for tapas, snacks and pinchos perfect for an unforgettable evening with yours.
Tips for some fluffy mussels
- Not missing a good loaf or loaf of bread at the table, the sauce with the potatoes is impressive.
- Mussel shells are perfect for other recipes. Do not throw them away, They can be used in the mussel tigers as well as the shells of scallops and scallops , I wash them in the dishwasher with a short program and they are perfect.