- 40 minutes
- For 4 people
- 3.8 € / person
Tagliatelle or noodles with scallops recipe .
A dish with the best of both cuisines: fresh Italian pasta, in this case with a touch of spicy tomato, and Galician scallops with a sauce washed with a good broth from the Rias Baixas.
A slightly more elaborate pasta recipe worthy of any holiday or Sunday meal. The truth is that lately I am becoming a fan of fresh pasta, I did not use to prepare this type of pasta at home until a few months ago I discovered it by chance in an Italian market.
Little by little I am introducing it to my daily dinners because it is vice, it is done in a plis-plas and it goes with anything you have in the fridge. In conclusion … you have a delicious and delicious dinner in just a few minutes.
So in the weekly purchase of the supermarket I always put a bag of this type of pasta in the basket, in the end the price is not much higher than that of classic pasta and as long as you consume it in that same week it is perfect. There is a wide variety of fresh pasta, normal or stuffed, and although it is not as good as if you prepare it yourself at home, it helps you cook a dish that the whole family likes.
It is a recipe for pasta that we can find in coastal areas and that admits innumerable combinations, with mussels, clams, squid or shrimp would be just as good. On the blog you will find some similar with dry pasta like these spaghetti with very traditional clams in Italy.
The base of these seafood recipes is a soft white wine sauce that we can serve in deep dishes, accompanied with grated Parmesan or grana padano, which adds flavor power to the dish. I hope you try to cook them at home, I assure you that they will be delicious.
Preparation of the scallop sauce in wine
- This sauce is very common in the Galician coastal areas and has 4 ingredients that make it bread and dipping: onion, garlic, scallops and albariño. Normally a little chilli is added to give it a spicy touch but I have not added it since the pasta is already itchy a little. And of course, this sauce can be used in many recipes.
- Chop the onions and garlic into very small pieces. Add oil to the casserole and fry the onion and garlic over low heat for about 5 minutes until it is almost transparent.
- We wash the scallops well and dry with absorbent paper. We cut them in two and separate the coral from the scallop. Crush the coral with a fork and reserve.
- Add the scallops to the vegetables and cook over high heat for 2 minutes until golden. Season with salt and pepper and lower the heat.
- Add the glass of albariño and raise the heat until it begins to boil. We lower the temperature and let it reduce, make the sauce for 10 minutes.
- When the sauce is thick, add the coral to the scallops and stir with a spoon to bring the flavors together.
- We rectify salt and pepper if needed and reduce the juice a little, 2 more minutes. We remove everything gently. Once we have the sauce we reserve and then combine it with the pasta.
Preparation of the tagliatelle
I present you some easy steps so that the pasta is perfect for you. It is not that it is especially difficult but everything has its little tricks, ” simple … ma non troppo” that the Italians would say (Easy, but not entirely). Let’s go to the topic.
- The first step is to have the sauce ready before the pasta touches the water. The scallop sauce should wait for the tagliatelle and not the other way around.
- We heat in a saucepan a liter of water for every 100 g of noodles. It is the recommended measure per person, except if we are passionate about pasta at home.
- These proportions, which are normally indicated on the packaging, help the paste not stick together. And always try to use a large casserole, the largest in your kitchen. If you cook pasta many times it will be very useful to buy a casserole for those occasions, a good investment.
- When it begins to boil in spurts we add 1 generous handful of salt, about 2 level tablespoons for every 500 grams of pasta. Then we add the pasta, always all together.
- We stir with a wooden spoon so that the noodles do not stick and are loose.
- On the back of the pasta package comes the cooking time, we must be guided by these instructions because for each type of pasta is different, in this case it is 8 minutes. It is easy to prove, inside a noodle it has to be like a thread of raw pasta.
Presentation of the noodles with scallop sauce
- Add the freshly made noodles to the sauce and mix everything with a spoon so that the flavors are well combined.
- We decorate each plate with a little oregano and serve them fresh. And remember that this recipe goes from pearls to a good glass of wine with which we have cooked the sauce.
- Depending on the budget, you can substitute the scallops for prawns or prawns, fish or radically change the recipe for some meat. You will tell me …