- 60 minutes
- For 10 people
- 0.5 € / person
- 390kcal per 100g.
How to prepare Muscovite cookies . There is a confectionery in Oviedo that prepares one of the most famous tea pastries in Asturias. The Gayoso family has been preparing the Muscovites for four generations, some pasta prepared in an artisanal way with first-rate products whose fame have crossed borders.
Originally from Luarca and since 1926 in the Rialto confectionery, in San Francisco, Oviedo, this confectionery and the sweets they prepare are a point of reference in the city of Oviedo. I assure you that the recipe is a patented secret and very well kept, this recipe is an approach that is very similar to it but does not reach the flavor of its famous Muscovites.
If you know that the ingredients of such famous pasta are cream, a quality Marcona almond and sugar, as well as better chocolate for the final bath. Although they are not exactly the same as those prepared in the Rialto confectionery , the recipe for these pasta that I have prepared today, I assure you that it is very close to reality.
They are delicate almond bites, very thin and crispy that I am sure you will like. The process is not complicated, the simple combination of quality ingredients, the baking and the final chocolate paint make these pastes a luxury product.
Today we can get this sweet through the company’s website, but I advise you to try to prepare them at home, they are very easy to make and the result, as always, yummy.
Preparation of Muscovite cookies
- We put the cream and sugar in a saucepan over the fire, stirring constantly until the sugar dissolves.
- When the cream begins to boil, remove from the heat and add the almond and flour.
- We remove until integrating all the ingredients, we will have a fairly thick paste.
- We cover the cookie sheet with parchment paper and place walnut-sized piles of the mixture.
- They need to be quite separated from each other as they will grow quite large during baking.
- Bake for 8 minutes at 170º C and remove to a rack until they cool completely.
- Once cold we put on the chocolate coating. Melt the chocolate in a saucepan in a bain-marie and let it warm.
- I have used milk chocolate but you can use any other that you like more.
- With a kitchen brush or a teaspoon spread chocolate, already tempered, on the back of each cookie.
- We leave on the rack or on a baking paper until they dry.
Some cookies that are worth making at home, just delicious.
To finish a great Asturian meal you must not forget its desserts. Accompany these cookies with their famous rice pudding , the richest you have ever tasted or Pravia’s tocinillo de cielo .
Of course a good coffee or infusion must be accompanied by some Casadielles or Casadiella . There are a lot of recommendations that you should not miss trying in Asturias or at home, why not?