- 4 cups of lettuce hearts filleted
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup of golden corn kernels
- 1 avocado in cubes
- 1 cup of panela cheese in cubes
- 3 tablespoons of chopped red onion
- 1 cup fried tortilla strips
- 4 quail eggs
- 1 cup of cooked beans
- 1 cup of cherries, halved
- 8 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon of shallot finely chopped
- Salt and pepper the chicken, varnish with the mustard and seal in a striped griddle with the oil until they are cooked, let it rest and slice.
- Mix the ingredients for the vinaigrette and salt and pepper. Integrate with the lettuce and divide into four plates.
- Arrange the rest of the ingredients on the lettuce and serve.
Whoever said that Mexican food cannot be healthy was very wrong or surely they have not tried this delicious Mexican salad with your favorite ingredients.
TIPS FOR PREPARING HEALTHY SALADS
- Keep the salad ingredients from getting soft. Wait to wash them until the last moment, before starting to prepare it
- Chop the lettuce by hand, as the edge of the knife can blacken and / or wilt the leaves
- So that the onion in your salad doesn’t make you cry. before splitting them, dip it in a little hot water with a splash of vinegar for 15 minutes
- Prevents the tomatoes from losing their flavor. Do not keep them in the refrigerator, better keep them in a container at room temperature
- If you are going to prepare a fruit salad, prevent them from oxidizing by giving them a previous bath with lemon juice
- Add different components such as seeds, natural dressings or pasta to create a good Mexican salad.