- 15 minutes
- For 4 people
- 5.8 € / person
- 235kcal per 100g.
How to prepare some marinated sardines.
When summer comes, sardines are one of the healthiest fish we can find, between mackerel and sardines, it is true that I would not know which one to keep.
They are very healthy fish thanks to their high content of omega-3 acids that are very beneficial for the cardiovascular system and help reduce cholesterol.
Omega-3 is a fatty acid that cleanses the arteries and lowers the pressure on them, reduces the cholesterol rate, triglyceride levels and the risk of arterial blockage.
Nutritionists and cardiologists recommend eating recipes with fish three to four times a week, and preferably blue fish .
It is true that blue fish has more fat than white fish, 10% compared to 2%. However, its fat is unsaturated, which makes it very positive for circulatory and heart problems.
The best way to take sardines is without touching them too much so that they do not lose any of their nutrients. The good thing about this recipe for marinated sardines is that it will not take you time, there is hardly anything to do, if you tell your fishmonger with a little time to prepare the sardines in fillets you already have 90% of the recipe made.
Another advantage is that you do not leave the house smelling of sardines for two days like when you make baked or fried sardines and at the same time enjoy all their flavor.
Salting can be done with citrus and add the spices that we want to flavor sardines thyme, rosemary, cumin, etc … The combination with walnuts makes this recipe a very beneficial dish for health, apart from providing a crisp touch to the plate.
A perfect recipe for those who start in the kitchen, shot to make, with more technique than ingredients, fresh, very healthy and that you can tune to your liking with your favorite spices.
As you can see, I not only present you a tasty recipe, very easy to prepare and even very cheap, in this case we embroider it with a healthy and full of health dish. I hope you go into the kitchen and prepare it.
Preparation of marinated sardines
- Although our trusted fishmonger will leave us the loins of the sardines almost perfect. There is always some remnant of blood or some sticky glue.
- At home we clean the loins with very cold water to remove any residue and dry well with absorbent paper.
- We wash the fruits that we are going to use very well. We grate very finely without taking any white from the orange and lemon so that it does not become bitter. We reserve.
- Mix the salt with the sugar, the lemon and orange zest, and the spices. We can practically put any herb that we like its flavor, since its aroma will be transmitted to the sardines.
- In a large source we put a layer of this mixture. Then the sardine loins that we are going to marinate and cover again with the mixture. Let it marinate for 1 hour, in the fridge if it is very hot.
- Like any fish that is to be eaten raw or undercooked, it must always be frozen for 48 hours to prevent the spread of anisakis .
- Once marinated, they can be kept for several days in the refrigerator covered with a finger of olive oil.
Preparation of the vinaigrette and presentation of the sardines
- In a glass add a pinch of salt. We add the extra virgin olive oil that we have previously mixed, the white wine vinegar, the old mustard and the chopped walnuts.
- Stir vigorously until everything is tied. We reserve since the vinaigrette must be added at the end of everything.
- After an hour we remove the fillets, we pass them through the jet of water and dry them with a kitchen paper.
- From here, if the plate is not going to be mounted at that time. We can cover them with oil and leave them in the fridge. If not, we assemble the plate with the sardine loins and the vinaigrette.
- They are delicious on a crispy toast of freshly toasted bread or on top of fried potatoes, such as the famous Madrid tapa with anchovies in vinegar .
Some fresh canes and to eat, do not stop preparing them. I leave you with a delicious trick to prepare your vinaigrette in a few seconds.
Be sure to enjoy all the recipes for fish and seafood that we have on the blog. You can see all the step-by-step photos of the marinated sardines recipe in this album. Do not miss any detail and they will be perfect, come on, repeat over and over again. The summer aperitif.