- 90 minutes
- For 4 people
- € 4.5 / person
- 305kcal per 100g.
How to prepare some scallops stuffed with puff pastry . The best-known way to prepare this seafood recipe in Galicia is Galician style. Some Galician scallops with their onion sauce covered with breadcrumbs and baked gratins.
Today I want to leave you a different recipe perfect for a party meal or for any whimsical day. These are some scallops stuffed in puff pastry that will not leave you indifferent.
Although scallops are not an inexpensive product and they spend a good part of the year closed, we can always choose the low cost version of this recipe and buy a frozen scallop.
Of course, there are frozen and frozen, so I recommend that you buy them from a trusted and quality establishment, so as not to undermine the final result of this dish.
Whether fresh in season or frozen, scallops prepared with filling and puff pastry is a dish worthy of the most demanding table. The process is simple, it is about cooking the scallops with a sofrito of vegetables that we will flavor with white wine and enrich with a white sauce like bechamel . The job ends by baking the scallops covered in a layer of puff pastry.
Those of you who follow the blog know that I am a fan of this bivalve and that I take every opportunity to put them on the table. Scallop empanada , our famous tagliatelle are scallop sauce or even rice with crab and scallops , are an example.
Recipes on how to prepare this wonderful seafood. This recipe for stuffed scallops couldn’t be easier. I encourage you to prepare them at home at the least opportunity, and that you tell me what you think.
Before cooking the scallops
This recipe is super easy to prepare although it is important to choose the main ingredient well: the scallops .
- It is essential to remove the sand that fresh scallops usually bring so that it is not bothersome and does not spoil the recipe. It should be kept about two hours before cooking in a saucepan or large plastic container.
- We must add water, a good handful of coarse salt and change the water three or four times. The scallops will drink and drop the sand.
- Try to buy them fresh before Christmas so as not to eat the price increase of those dates, from 3 to 5 euros per scallop.
- Buy those that you are going to consume and freeze them to have them at hand in any recipe. We reserve.
Preparation of stuffed scallops in puff pastry
- We clean the prawns by removing the skins and the head. Reserve the meat and sauté the skins and heads in a saucepan with a drizzle of olive oil.
- We cook 5 minutes stirring occasionally and add the wine. We continue cooking 5 more minutes until the alcohol has evaporated.
- We add 300 ml. of water to the casserole with the skins, salt lightly and cook for about 20 minutes. We strain the broth and reserve it.
- We clean the meat of the prawns by removing their guts. To do this we make an incision along the back and remove the viscera. We reserve.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil. When it is hot add the garlic, onion and leek cut into small cubes. Cook the vegetable for 20 minutes over medium heat, until it is well poached.
- Chop the scallops into small cubes. We also cut the meat of the prawns that we have reserved.
- Once we have the vegetables ready, add the scallops and the chopped prawns and cook for 2 or 3 minutes.
Baking and final presentation of the stuffed scallops
- We preheat the oven to 200º C while preparing the filling.
- We add the flour and cook it for a few minutes before adding the prawn broth that we have reserved and the milk. Stirring lightly cook for 7 or 8 minutes over medium heat until we have a light cream. We check the point of the salt.
- We spread the puff pastry sheets and, with the shell as a template, cut out what the tops of our scallops will be. Fill the shells with the cream, sprinkle with chopped parsley and cover with the puff pastry.
- We prick each puff pastry lid with a fork and paint it with the beaten egg. Bake at 200º C for about 15 or 20 minutes, until we have a golden surface.
- We serve the hot scallops as a starter or first class dish. It is a different recipe to enjoy scallops. Tasty and enriched with the cream of milk and the puff pastry, a whole plate of yummy to enjoy.
Be sure to enjoy all the recipes for fish and seafood that we have on the blog.
Here you have a step by step in photos where I show how to prepare this recipe for scallops stuffed in puff pastry . Do not miss any detail so that they come out perfect and the first time.