- 45 minutes
- For 6 people
- € 0.9 / person
- 345kcal per 100g.
How to make spaghetti with chicken and mushrooms.
Spaghetti! These are the winners of the dinner on Saturday of last week, in which some friends came home (Spaghetti Jandro, I was going to call them, but they were chicken and mushrooms).
We are going to use the appropriate pasta for this recipe, a long Garofalo pasta, the Spaguettini or Puorc that are made with durum wheat semolina with a rough surface that helps to grip the sauce of this recipe well.
Preparation of the chicken and mushroom sauce
- Chop the onions and bell pepper. Add oil to the casserole and sauté the onion and bell pepper over low heat until golden. It would be about 10 minutes.
- We also chop the carrots in a mincer. We introduce in the casserole and let it pass well.
- The chicken: Season the chicken to taste and add it to the casserole with the vegetables. We let it go a little, with about 5 minutes they arrive.
- We cut the mushrooms into 4 half moons, if they are big much better, we add them to the casserole and soon they will begin to release their juice.
- We rectify salt and pepper and reduce the juice a little.
- Chop the cashews into small pieces and add them to the casserole. We add the raisins.
- We remove everything gently and pour the coconut milk. Let it cook for 5 more minutes.
- And the last step is tomatoes. Chop the tomatoes into 2 (if you do not like to find them with skin, you can blanch them and remove it) and add them to the sauce squeezing them by hand so that they release all their juice, 5 more minutes of cooking and we already have the sauce to accompany these great spaghetti.
Preparation of the pasta and final presentation of the spaghetti
- Heat a liter of water for every 100 g of pasta in a large saucepan. The 100 g is the recommended measure per person, except if we are passionate about pasta.
- When it starts to boil add 2 generous handfuls of salt and a splash of oil. Next we add the pasta. Stir with a wooden spoon so that the spaghetti does not stick and are loose.
- Once the 10 minutes have elapsed, drain the pasta immediately and pass it through cold water (to cut the cooking). With this process we will achieve what is called pasta “al dente” or at its right point, that is, it does not pass.
- Just drained just with the sauce of chicken and mushrooms. We decorate each plate with a little oregano and serve them fresh.