- 105 minutes
- For 8 people
- 0.5 € / person
- 320kcal per 100g.
How to make a cheese cake with Persimon kakis .
A classic cheesecake in the purest American style with kakis or persimmons that will be perfect for you following the step by step of this recipe.
The persimmon or kaki is definitely the star fruit that can be found in the markets fall.
It is with this fruit that today we have got down to work to prepare a delicious dessert, a Persimon persimmon cheesecake . In addition to enjoying this fruit in its most natural state, it is a great alternative for the preparation of sweets and desserts.
Specifically, the preparation of a cheesecake, in the purest American style, a cheesecake supplemented with all the flavor of this product, will be a mouthful of yummy.
And it is that the cheese cake is perhaps in the recipes of desserts with cheese, one of the most common and, perhaps, one of the oldest in the world. Who is encouraged this weekend to enjoy this yummy cheesecake?
Preparation of the kakis cheesecake
- We start by preparing the base of the cake. To do this we crush the cookies until we get a sand texture. In a bowl mix the crushed cookies, melted butter and sugar until we have a uniform mixture.
- We pour the mixture into the chosen mold. We have used a removable round mold of Ø = 18cm. We compact the biscuit sand around the base of the mold.
- With the oven previously hot, we bake the base of the cake at 175ºC for 10 minutes. After this time we remove from the oven and reserve.
- In a bowl add the cream cheese, sugar and peeled and crushed persimmons. Mix well until you get a homogeneous mixture. We add the vanilla essence, the cinnamon, the salt and the flour and we integrate the mixture again.
- Finally we gradually incorporate the eggs, beating until we get a smooth cream.
- We pour the cream on the base of the cookie in the mold and introduce in the oven previously hot.
- We bake the cake at 165ºC for 1 hour. After this time, we turn off the oven and leave the cake inside for 2 hours, without opening the door. The tart will continue to bake slowly until it reaches its point.
- We remove the cake from the oven and let it cool down to room temperature before unmolding it and keeping it in the fridge for no less than 2 hours.
We serve this cake accompanied by a few slices of Persimon persimmons, it will be the perfect complement for a cheese and fruit sweet.
I encourage you to try it at home. You can see all the photos of the step by step of this cheese cake with kakis in this album.
Curiosities about Persimon persimmon
- In Spain we have a Regulating Council for the Protected Designation of Origin Kaki Ribera del Xúquer. This Regulatory Board has a registered trademark, Persimon®. The bright red variety of this fruit is marketed on it.
- It is with this variety that we have decided to prepare this great cheese and fruit dessert. The firm consistency of its meat, its bright color and its sweet flavor, make Persimon® persimmon perfect both for enjoying it raw and for making desserts.
- Unlike other kakis of other varieties, Persimon® kaki is marketed and consumed at a point of maturity where its meat is firm and crisp.
- This makes a difference with other varieties and other countries. Where the persimmon is marketed and consumed at an extreme ripening point, with a jelly-like consistency and very sweet.
- Persimon® persimmon removes tannins from the fruit, and therefore its astringency, using a natural method originating in ancient Japan.
- The aim is to collect the fruit before it fully ripens, when it is still firm, and to keep it in an anoxic environment (without oxygen). By this method we can enjoy a firm and crunchy persimmon with all its softness and sweetness.