- 50 minutes
- For 8 people
- 0.4 € / person
- 370kcal per 100g.
How to make ghost brownies . A chocolate dessert is always a hit, almost everyone likes it. If it is a classic chocolate brownie with nuts , surely there will not be any left over.
The idea for today’s Halloween dessert is chocolate-bodied ghosts and a savanna made with a glaze of Marcapone cheese and orange. The combination is glorious, the perfect consistency of chocolate and the smoothness of cream cheese and citrus, a true work of art.
A box of these brownies will triumph at any party on October 31st , be it at your house or that of your friends, everyone will love them. The most terrifying night of the year is very close and if you are still looking for some idea for the Halloween party these ghostly brownies are your option, your little ones and the not so little ones will not leave even the crumbs.
Chocolate, cheese and nuts, these brownies combine their flavors perfectly. I encourage you to prepare these different and original ghost biscuits to enjoy a fun night accompanied by the people you love.
Preparation of phantom brownies
- The first thing is to prepare the brownie. I have used a 20 x 20cm glass tray and baking paper.
- The size of the tray gives 7 generous ghost brownies, but it all depends on how thick we want it to be. If you want them smaller, use a larger tray.
- We line the tray and spread it with butter. Sprinkle the baking paper with chocolate powder.
- I haven’t used flour because the last time I made it I had small specks of white flour left on the base. With this trick we solve this problem and on top we give more flavor to this cake.
- Pour the grated chocolate or small pieces with the butter in a bowl. We put it in the microwave for 4 minutes at medium temperature.
- We remove and mix the mixture well with a rod until there is a cream similar to chocolate cream.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs with the sugar until a frothy cream remains. Add the tablespoon of vanilla and the baking soda.
- Pour the chocolate cream in the previous bowl and mix well with the rods.
- We sift the flour with a strainer and add to the previous mixture, stir very well until obtaining a homogeneous cream paste.
Baking our ghost brownies
- We pour the chocolate cream on the glass tray. I advise you to do it with a silicone spatula to take advantage of all the cream and that there is nothing left in the bowl.
- Bake the brownie in the oven preheated to 180º C in the intermediate part for 35-40 minutes. It all depends on the oven, always look with a fork that when pricked comes out dry).
- When it has been in the oven for 20 minutes, cover with a little aluminum foil so that the surface does not burn and the crust is perfect and crisp.
- In my oven the preparation time is exactly 40 minutes but in my mother’s with 30-35 it arrives. You should not go over time because you will get some dry cakes that no one can eat.
- We let it cool on the tray and when it is cold we cut it in to prepare our ghosts.
- In similar squares, two sizes, one 3-4 cm and the other 1.5, will be mounted on top of each other, gluing them with hot chocolate.
Preparation of cream cheese and orange
- We will use a large bowl, if it is cold much better, like the cheese or cream cheese that must come out of the fridge.
- Why cold? The cream cheese is fat and loses consistency with the heat. If it is not cold it will be difficult for it to rise as we want, if it rises. The ideal temperature is around 10º C.
- We combine the two types of cream cheese, beat until it goes liquid to a kind of cream, with a little volume (not much). This process will take us 3-4 minutes, nothing more.
- Once we have reached this kind of dense liquid cream, we add the sugar, if it is glass better. We beat until it reaches almost solid state. Easy, right?
- I assure you that with the trick of the cold it comes out perfect. We will get a smooth, homogeneous cream and without any lump, perfect to put on top of the brownie ghosts when it is cold. We reserve in the fridge until final assembly.
- Finally we bathe our chocolate ghosts with the cream cheese and let cool.
- We place the chocolates or pieces of your favorite chocolate in the shape of eyes and enjoy. I assure you that your little ones will freak out!
These ghost brownies can be decorated in many ways. In this case with a classic frosting that you have already seen in other desserts, but if you like double chocolate , make a dense cream and coat the chocolate brownie , glorious.
Remember that for the eyes to be seen, they are made of white chocolate. And if you want a lighter dessert, you can substitute the brownie for a pumpkin or carrot cake.