- 60 minutes
- For 10 people
- € 0.3 / person
- 478kcal per 100g.
How to prepare some bones from Extremadura . They are a sweet recipe typical of the Extremadura area that are prepared from Todos los Santos , through Carnival until Easter .
It is a very old recipe that reminds us of donuts due to the type of dough. As its name indicates, this sweet is shaped into a bone, a bone . Forming a cylinder of about 12-15 cm. which will then grow during frying, opening slightly to resemble a bone.
It is a very tasty dough that is neither dry nor too hard after passing through the oil. It is important that we properly regulate the frying temperature. We must cook them over medium heat to get a perfect interior and a hard outer crust.
It is one more example of the vast repertoire that we have in our country of sweets dedicated to the pan. Rosquillas , the classic Malaga borrachuelos , the traditional fried donuts or the Uñique’s gañotes.
There are many other and very varied recipes that we can find throughout the Spanish geography. And although there are many similarities between them, the subtle differences make this recipe one of my favorites.
Preparation of the Extremaduran bones
- In a frying pan, heat the olive oil with a strip of orange peel and another of lemon.
- Let the skins cool for 2 or 3 minutes and turn off the heat. We warm the oil before continuing with the process.
- In a bowl, mix the eggs, oil, milk, sugar and anise. We beat well. Add the flour, the yeast and the lemon zest. With the help of a fork, we begin to integrate the ingredients.
- We dump the dough on a work surface. We begin to knead until we form a homogeneous mass.
Frying and final presentation of the Extremaduran huesillos
- While we heat abundant oil for frying, I use sunflower, in a saucepan with high walls, we make portions of about 25 gr.
- It will make it easier for us to coat our hands with a pinch of oil to give them the characteristic cylinder shape of about 15 cm.
- When we have the hot oil, we add the canutillos to the oil.
- We fry the huesillos at a temperature not too high. This is how we make sure they are done inside. On my induction hob I have fried the ferrules setting it to 6 at all times.
- Once we have the fried bones, we remove them to a tray with absorbent paper to remove the excess oil.
- Finally, we put them in a bowl with sugar to coat them.
- It is a very tasty sweet perfect. Both to enjoy as a dessert or to accompany a coffee in the snack. Fluffy and crispy bones that I am sure you will love.
Be sure to enjoy all the yummy sweets in our dessert recipes . You can see all the photos of the step by step in the next album .