- 65 minutes
- For 8 people
- 0.6 € / person
- 280kcal per 100g.
Carrot cake with cheese frosting .
Carrot, although it may not seem like it, is an extraordinary ingredient to prepare desserts.
We mainly use it for biscuit-type sweets, which acquire a nice orange color thanks to it. But it also gives them flavor, texture and fluffiness.
Since I discovered it, I have not stopped looking for options to cook desserts with this grateful ingredient. Perhaps the best known is the famous and delicious Carrot Cake , a true star of confectionery in the United States and the United Kingdom.
Similar to it, with sponge cake preparations, I also recommend the carrot cake with an orange cream cheese frosting and the spiced carrot cake .
Today’s recipe is similar to the latter, with the addition of a rich mascarpone cheese frosting.
Carrots have gained their place in baking since medieval times, when sweet ingredients were in short supply. Although it is a vegetable, they contain a high sugar content, making them ideal for sweet dishes. Its greatest boom came in the early 20th century, when carrot cakes / cupcakes became very popular.
For breakfast , brunch , after-dinner, snack, to snack between meals, this dessert is an all-rounder and your mind will be thinking about it all the time.
Almost like when we have an open box of chocolates at home. Does this story sound familiar to you? Well said, get down to work and enjoy this carrot cake with mascarpone cheese frosting.
Preparation of the carrot cake
- Peel and grate the carrots. We reserve.
- On a container, we sift the wheat flour. Add the chemical yeast (Royal type), a teaspoon of nutmeg coffee, and finely another one of cinnamon powder. Mix and reserve.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs with metal rods. Next, we will be adding the rest of the ingredients. We incorporate the brown sugar, in 2 times, and we continue mixing.
- We continue with the olive oil, which we pour little by little, while we beat.
- It is the turn of the grated carrot first and then the flour, which we integrate in several batches, so that there is a very homogeneous mixture.
Baking the carrot cake
- We preheat the oven for 10 minutes at 180º C.
- We choose a round mold, which we spread with butter. We pour the cake dough into it, and we go to bake: 35 minutes at 180º C.
- As each furnace is a world, go checking from time to time how the process evolves, to avoid burning the surface.
- If this is the case, because the oven is very fast, put a little aluminum foil on the mold.
- To know if it is ready, we click on the cake and check that the skewer comes out clean.
- After time, remove from the oven and let it cool down.
Preparation of mascarpone cheese frosting
- In a bowl, pour the butter (40 gr.) Already melted.
- Add the mascarpone cheese and mix well, better with electric rods or a mixer.
- We continue with the sugar and mix again well, until there is a very homogeneous cream.
- In a separate container, we whip the cold cream. We incorporate it into the bowl and with the help of a spatula, we integrate everything, carefully and with enveloping movements.
- With the sponge cake cold, we spread the cheese frosting on the surface, distributing evenly.
- We put in the refrigerator, and leave at least 2 hours in cold, so that it takes consistency and texture.
- This carrot cake with cheese frosting will make you succeed at home, and will delight both adults and children in the house.
With a moist texture, well fluffy and with the touch of cheese, it makes it addictive. We attest to this, that we have practically eaten it in a day and a half.
Here you have a step by step in photos of this carrot cake where I explain how to prepare this delicious dessert. Do not miss any detail so that it comes out perfect.