- 30 minutes
- For 4 people
- € 1.5 / person
- 280kcal per 100g.
How to make stuffed potatoes.
But of what ?, because of so many ingredients that it was difficult to include them all in the title: bacon, pickles, egg, olives and potatoes with a touch of mayonnaise .
Sounds good, doesn’t it? One of those potato recipes with which, in a moment and without work, with this filling, which is what I like.
The best thing about this recipe is that you can fill the potatoes with the filling that you like the most. This recipe will serve as a base and with a lot of ideas to then fill with your favorite fish, seafood, meat or just vegetables.
Potatoes are a container and you can change them for tomatoes, zucchini , artichokes, aubergines , peppers … You cannot say that today’s recipe is not open to all tastes.
Who has never opened the fridge and improvised a delicious meal with four ingredients?
A bottle of olives, some eggs, a little mayonnaise that gives it that point of flavor, some potatoes … And there you have them, stuffed potatoes !
I hope you dare with this recipe and please tell me how.
- Add the whole potatoes with or without skin (as you like) to a saucepan with water with a pinch of salt and a bay leaf.
- We cook them (depending on the size) for about 20 minutes and we try to make them tender without breaking them.
- When we see that they are already, we remove them to a source.
- When they are warm we break them in half and with a spoon we remove like two potato nuts.
- There must be a gap for the filling, although not too big because otherwise you will break the potatoes. We reserve.
- We cut the potato that we have removed into small squares of similar size.
- We do the same with pitted olives, I really like those with anchovy filling. We reserve everything on a plate.
Cooking the eggs, filling and final presentation of the potatoes
- Prepare the grilled bacon in a frying pan and when it is crispy, chop it up and add to the previous ingredients.
- If you don’t like bacon, you can substitute it for york ham, lacón, serrano ham … To taste, I already told you that with what you have at home.
- While in another fire we are going to cook the eggs. We cover them with cold water and cook 10 minutes from the boil.
- We should not cook them any longer since a dark greenish halo forms around the yolk that is unpleasant to the eye.
- With these indications you have to be perfect. Once they are warm, cut into more or less equal dice.
- We combine all the ingredients with the mayonnaise and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix well to integrate the flavor of each ingredient. When we have the filling we can take it warm or cold, to the taste of each one.
- We fill the potatoes and serve with a little lettuce or tomato salad, or with the accompaniment that you like the most. With a potato, that is to say two halves, it is more than enough.
Delicious stuffed potatoes for a light dinner, a party or just because, a delicious way to share food with friends and the people you love.
Be sure to see all the photos of the step by step of this recipe for stuffed potatoes .
Tips for some fluffy stuffed potatoes
- If there is an ingredient par excellence, present in any house, that is the potato , because it is rich, versatile and economical.
- I can recommend many ideas for the filling of your potatoes. They admit many ingredients: Capers, anchovies, bell peppers, sweet corn, grated carrots … And of course it will be delicious. Take heart for these stuffed potatoes.
- As nutritional data I tell you that in addition to its extraordinary nutritional value, the potato provides fiber, B vitamins, minerals and a large amount of vitamin C.
- The potato provides more energy and protein than almost all other arable foods. As I always tell you, be it with potatoes or another ingredient, the theme is cooking and having a little imagination.