- 50 minutes
- For 6 people
- 0.4 € / person
- 178kcal per 100g.
How to make homemade pastry cream .
The pastry cream is one of the creams most used in blog dessert recipes . It is a cream widely used in pastry at a general level, necessary to give a special touch to a multitude of desserts.
In Rechupete Recipes you will find countless recipes with it, and it was time to give it its deserved prominence. Examples such as cakes , puff pastry strudel , a gypsy arm , the famous stuffed canes , Italian profiteroles , etc.
Many write to me asking me how to make a good pastry cream , with the right texture and softness. Although it is a cream that is made with very basic ingredients, it has its that and it is necessary to dedicate attention to it to prepare it in optimal conditions.
In kitchen practice is very important. It also took me a while to get the definitive point to this cream, but I have been perfecting the recipe and I think I have achieved a quite adequate recipe.
I will tell you the tricks of this type of cream to make it a success and surprise the whole family. Do you cheer up?
Preparation of flavored milk for the pastry cream
- We start with the vanilla bean. We cut it lengthwise, open it and remove the seeds inside with a knife.
- We wash the lemon and peel the skin finely, without the white part. Depending on tastes, you can use more or less skin, since the taste of lemon can be overwhelming for many.
- From the milk, we separate 150 ml. in a cup. Even if you want it to be a little tastier.
- You can add a touch of cream, with a splash is enough. The rest we put to heat in a saucepan, over medium heat. When it is about to boil, but it does not get to do it, remove from the heat.
- Add the vanilla, the lemon peel and leave to infuse for about 30 minutes, with the saucepan covered. While infusing the milk we are going to mix the starch or corn flour.
- We dissolve it in the milk cup, stirring well, so that there are no lumps. We reserve.
Preparation of the pastry cream
- In a small saucepan, add the yolks of the eggs and gradually add the sugar. Stirring non-stop with a few rods so that it does not stick.
- Next we pour the milk with the flour or cornstarch (cornstarch). We continue stirring, so that a very homogeneous and lump-free mixture is made.
- After the infused and resting time (the milk should not be very hot). Add the infused milk to the saucepan, strain it and incidentally separate the vanilla and lemon peel.
- We are adding little by little and mixing at the same time. We put on medium-low heat (4 on a scale of 1 to 10) and begin to stir without stopping, little by little and without haste.
- At first it costs a little but then we will check how the cream is taking texture and thickening. We continue stirring and suddenly, when it reaches the ideal temperature. You will notice how thick and smooth any recognizable pastry cream gets.
- Remove from the heat and transfer the cream to a bowl or glass jar, so it will not take any flavor from the container.
- Let it temper and then reserve covered with a transparent film, in the fridge, until the moment of use.
It will last us a couple of days in the fridge, but the normal thing is to prepare the pastry cream to use it the same day, to make a dessert.
If it has not come with the video and the text, you can see all the photos of the recipe in the step by step of the recipe for pastry cream. If you have doubts, follow the photos and you will get a very easy and delicious cream the first time.
Tips for a perfect pastry cream
- When heating the milk, we will try not to boil it. The heat we reach is enough to properly infuse the vanilla and lemon peel. We will do it out of the fire and without haste.
- When you cut the lemon, make sure that the peel does not have a white part, since it contributes bitterness. If you do not have natural vanilla, you can use a sachet of vanilla sugar or also vanilla essence. The recommended, the vanilla bean.
- As an optional step you can add at the end of the recipe, a few pieces of butter at room temperature or ointment.
- Mix well and with the temperature of the cream the butter will dissolve. So we are going to add extra creaminess to our pastry cream.
- For the cream, we will use the cornstarch cornstarch, which will thicken more quickly. In the event that they are lumpy when preparing it, we pass the mixture through a strainer.
- To cook and thicken the cream, we will do it over low heat, without rushing. It will be more laborious to be around for a long time, but the end result is much better, in texture and flavor.
- Do not forget that when using cornstarch, this recipe is gluten-free, and therefore suitable for celiacs.
When preparing pastry cream, pay attention to my Galician countrymen of “Siniestro Total”: ” First of all, be very calm “. I hope you like it and enjoy it a lot in your desserts.
Express pastry cream
If you don’t have much time to prepare it, I recommend this video. In this rechuconsejo you can prepare pastry cream in less than 10 minutes . Following the indications and with a microwave you will also have a yummy.
Recipe for a pastry cream so fast, easy and creamy that a child can make it. Following these simple steps always works out well.