- 30 minutes
- For 10 people
- 0.4 € / person
- 340kcal per 100g.
How to make shortbread cookies filled with dulce de leche.
I recently tried one of the best cookies I have had in a long time, you know that my favorite are hazelnut and chocolate cookies , but I assure you that these do not have much to envy.
Today I present a recipe for cookies suitable for all audiences, which you can cook with the little ones at home, and which by themselves are delicious.
One more excuse to fill … with dulce de leche . Although you can do it with what you like the most. And it is that the dulce de leche seems to me a delicacy, simply by spoonfuls it seems addictive to me. But a chocolate cream is also a great option.
But the dulce de leche wins by scoring at home, also its origin and history is exciting. We wrote about it a little while ago.
Cookies full of flavor, golden and crispy. With a light texture and somewhat reminiscent of butter cookies . What more could you ask for in a cookie? In addition, they are filled with dulce de leche. Are you going to stay without trying them?
Preparation of the shortbread dough
- We combine the dry ingredients (flour, sugars and baking powder) in a large bowl and mix them well, stirring with a rod.
- Add the diced cold butter with the flour and sugar until obtaining a sandy texture.
- We mix everything very well with a fork or some rods (we can do it by hand and it will be easier, although it is better to do it with the rods because this way we prevent the dough from taking temperature).
- We add the liquor or alcohol that you like, I used Porto but next time I will try Licor Café.
- In the oven they caramelize when the alcohol is heated and evaporated, it will leave an impressive aroma.
- Mix well with a spatula until the dough begins to bind.
- If we are not able to form a ball we can add a splash of whole milk. It is usually necessary because otherwise the dough is complicated.
- I also added a teaspoon of vanilla essence dessert, to give it a little more aroma.
Payment Management Kneading and shape of broken cookies
- We take the dough to the work surface, the kitchen counter is perfect.
- Knead very lightly, just enough to form a roll that we will wrap in plastic wrap or plastic and let rest for 15 minutes in the freezer.
- Try a pinch of dough, even raw it is delicious.
- We preheat the oven to about 180ºC with heat up and down.
- It is important because the dough is very easy to handle once it is cold, with which we will cut curlers and they will quickly go directly to the oven.
- We prepare the oven tray with vegetable paper or sulfurized.
- We take the dough out of the freezer and with a knife cut into slices or rollers less than one centimeter thick.
- We coat them well in icing sugar or icing on both sides and place them on the oven tray that we have prepared.
Baked. Final presentation of the filled cookies
- They must have enough separation space between them, they do not go up much but this way we avoid sticking, about 2 cm is enough.
- It should come out 1 batch of 12, if you want more you just have to multiply the amounts.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes at 180º C in the middle tray with air up and down, the time depends on the oven of each one, in some it will be 15 minutes and in others 25.
- It looks perfectly when they are ready because the edges take on a golden color.
- We remove from the oven, let them harden and cool and remove from the mold.
- We keep in an airtight container so that they do not soften and are vice, to repeat.
- To make them richer you can still fill them, dulce de leche is a great option.
I encourage you to try making them at home, some cookies that you will make more than once.
You can see all the step-by-step photos of this recipe for shortbread cookies filled with dulce de leche in this album.