- 25 minutes
- For 4 people
- 0.5 € / person
- 312kcal per 100g.
How to make bakery potatoes .
Perhaps it is one of the recipes with potatoes that my mother prepares the most.
They are the best garnish option for baked meat , sea bream in salt , succulent roast chicken or delicious roasted lamb .
There are many types of preparing this type of potato, from pochaditas to the frying pan with green pepper and onion, as my mother usually does, which gives it an incomparable flavor.
Do not miss the video that we have recorded as a previous step to the oven.
Other people make them directly in the oven, although I think they lose their grace and lately I have been taking a liking to the baked potato in the microwave, which is much healthier and gives the accompaniment.
Potatoes have fed the world for a long time, being one of the most commonly used ingredients in the kitchen.
On the blog we are experts in its preparation and we have a wide variety of recipes. You will find from the madras brava potatoes to Madrid, some simple revolconas potatoes , the traditional potato omelette or the potatoes to the importance of grandmother Sabina.
The baker’s name reflects a potato cut into thin slices and cooked in a pan or oven. They are usually consumed as a garnish or as the base of some dishes such as broken eggs .
The original recipe for baked potatoes comes from French lands, with its pommes de terre à la Boulangère, as indicated by the Marquise de Paraberé.
Although the ones I present today are prepared with a magnificent extra virgin olive oil and not with butter.
Some classic and delicious bakery potatoes that will leave you luxurious by following our advice. How do you like them the most?
Preparation of potatoes to the baker
- Peel the onion and cut it into a thin julienne. We wash the pepper and cut into thin strips.
- We put a frying pan over medium heat to heat a finger of extra virgin olive oil.
- When the oil is hot, add the onion first and the green pepper later. While everything is poached we peel the potatoes, wash them with cold water to remove the starch and dry them with a cotton cloth.
- We cut the potatoes into slices, bakery style (hence the name). The size should be about half a centimeter thick. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the potatoes to the pan with the onion and the pepper.
- We fry everything together over medium-low heat until they are tender and with a light golden color.
- We remove from time to time with care, as they can break and thus avoid burning.
- If we make them pochaditas, they should be in the pan for 18 to 20 minutes, in that time they should be ready to accompany our meat, fish or vegetables.
- We tried to rectify salt and pepper. We remove from the frying pan and drain the excess oil very well, they should be as oily as possible.
Preparation of baked potatoes
- If we are going to bake them. The first thing is to preheat the oven 10 minutes before at 180 ° C. We remove and drain the potatoes very well and place them in a dish suitable for the oven.
- We pour about 70 ml. of white wine or chicken (bird), fish or meat broth.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake (central tray with heat up and down) at 180º C for 15 minutes until the liquid evaporates and they are perfectly cooked.
- If you do not do the previous poaching process and just want to bake, that is, do it directly.
- We must place a layer of potato slices (half, more or less). We add salt and pepper to this layer as well.
- We put another layer of onion and pepper again. And finally we strain the rest of the potatoes.
- We season again. And if you want to give it an original touch, we can add aromatic herbs of your choice, such as bay leaf, thyme or even garlic.
- We moisten with the chosen liquid, white wine or broth and cover with aluminum foil.
- Be careful with salt, especially if you use a prepared chicken broth, since these usually contain a fairly large amount of salt.
- Bake for 60 minutes. Bake the last 15 minutes uncovered if desired. To verify the cooking of the potatoes, we prick with a knife. If it enters easily, they are already tender.
A perfect potato recipe as an accompaniment to a roast beef or baked fish, the perfect duo.
Here you have a step by step in photos where I show how to prepare this recipe for bakery potatoes . Do not miss any detail so that it comes out perfect.
Tips for some yummy baked potatoes
- Baking potatoes can also be baked at the same time as meat or fish. Just pay attention to synchronize the baking of the meat or fish for the two to end up together.
- They can also be made in the microwave. They will not be as good but it is a valid option to use less oil and have fewer calories. So if you don’t want to stain a frying pan, the only thing you do is break all the ingredients. We put salt and oil together with them and put it in a bowl with tightly covered plastic wrap.
- We make a few holes with a toothpick and put it in the microwave at full power for 10 minutes. They will not turn out golden but they will turn out perfect I assure you.