- 60 minutes
- For 4 people
- 2.2 € / person
- 305kcal per 100g.
How to make a rib stew with potatoes .
What better than a meat recipe in the form of a stew or stew to eat well on your weekly menu or on a special day.
When you have a bad day, what better than to eat well, “in bad weather, a good face and a full belly.”
Serotonin and endorphins are key substances that generate happiness and well-being, the same that generates just smelling this dish of ribs with potatoes .
I recommend that you add a mushroom that you like and the touch of food coloring that my mother adds gives it a point of color (not smell) that for me is distinctive.
They say that colors in food have a beneficial effect on our minds. Oranges and reds stimulate, blues calm, yellows encourage and greens help concentration.
So I try to fill all the dishes I prepare with color. Remember that to live better, you need to have a diet as healthy as possible, although a stew with fat from time to time is not bad.
Although pork ribs are not considered to be a part of the pork with excessive quality, combined with vegetables and this way of preparing potatoes, they make them a very tasty recipe, which in no way detracts from other more elaborate and less economical stews.
If you have not had the opportunity to try this recipe yet, I recommend it, you know, easy and traditional cuisine is always a success in the kitchen and at the table. It is one of those dishes that you have to make yes or yes. Be happy with a good stew!
Preparation of the pork ribs
- We cut the rib into pieces according to our taste, more or less large.
- You can tell your trusted butcher how you want the rib, the cut is important so that the stew looks good.
- In a large saucepan, heat 3 or 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- We brown the rib on all sides, in several batches if necessary until golden.
- We must seal the meat well so they will be juicier. Remove from the casserole and reserve the rib in a source and the casserole with the remaining oil.
Preparation of the stew stir-fry
- Peel the onion and garlic and cut them into small cubes.
- We heat the casserole that we have reserved with the oil to brown the ribs again and add the onion and the minced garlic.
- If we see that it is necessary, add 3 or 4 more tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- We fry everything over medium-high heat, stirring periodically to avoid burning, in 3-4 minutes you will have it done.
Cooking the pork rib stew
- While the onion is cooking we wash and chop the half red pepper and add it to the casserole along with the bay leaf.
- We wash, peel and chop the tomato and add to the same casserole.
- To remove the skin from the tomatoes we can blanch them in boiling water for 1 minute or peel them with the help of a knife.
- I do not put you times of stir-fry, while washing and cutting a vegetable, the one that is already incorporated into the casserole is frying.
Potatoes and final presentation of the stew
- We peel the potatoes and chop them breaking them, without cutting them completely but tearing them apart. As my mother says, cutting them, so that they release their starch when cooking. It is the one that will give that thick sauce so rich.
- Add the potatoes to the casserole and the rib that we have reserved.
- Add a glass of water, salt, freshly ground black pepper and food coloring.
- We remove everything so that the flavors come together and we allow part of the liquid to evaporate (about 10 minutes over medium-low heat).
- Add 2 more glasses of water and cook over medium heat for 20-25 minutes, it depends a lot on the type of potato you are going to cook.
- Try the stew from time to time to see how the potatoes are and if they are to your liking. You just have to prick with a fork.
- Let it rest for 5 minutes and we will have it ready to eat, delicious stew where there are.
Here you have a step by step in photos where I show how to prepare this recipe for ribs with potatoes . Do not miss any detail so that they come out perfect.
Tips for a yummy rib stew
- At the time of presenting the dish we can do it as it is with the vegetable stumbles visible, or remove the ribs and potatoes and pass the vegetables through the Chinese or the mixer to make a finer sauce.
- This stew is suitable for any type of vegetable or even your favorite seasonal mushrooms.
- It can be done with other types of meat, so you have a base recipe for many stews. And do not forget that this dish is much better if we let it rest overnight.