- 20 minutes
- For 4 people
- € 0.3 / person
- 165kcal per 100g.
How to make a yogurt sauce .
If there is a simple, quick and very tasty sauce recipe it is the yogurt sauce. +
A perfect sauce for meat snacks or as the well-known classic of Turkish cuisine, kebab , our beloved chickpea falafel or even perfect as an accompaniment to crudités of all kinds .
On many occasions and for many dishes, sauces are an obligatory and indivisible accompaniment.
The mayonnaise sauce for a salad , the tomato sauce that would be perfect in many dishes, the bechamel sauce without which the lasagna would not be the same, the delicious romesco sauce , ideal for calçots , the Greek tzatziki sauce or the aioli sauce .
Endless examples of sauces that can not have more importance in the dish they accompany.
The recipe that I bring you of the yogurt sauce is not the only one, there can be many versions, each teacher has his booklet. It is about accompanying the yogurt by flavoring it with some herb, spices and garlic. This time the mint has a special role.
It is a sauce that I am sure will take away from you in more than a hurry, tasty simple and easier impossible, a whole mouthful of yummy.
Preparation of the yogurt sauce
- In the mixer glass add all the ingredients. Add the natural yogurts , the peeled garlic, the extra virgin olive oil, the juice of half a lemon, salt, freshly ground black pepper and the mint leaves.
- We can leave some leaves without adding to decorate the sauce once crushed.
- We can substitute plain yogurts for plain Greek yogurts. Thus we will have a thicker and more consistent sauce.
- We crush with the mixer and pour the sauce into a more adapted container.
- We keep the sauce in the fridge so that it is fresh until serving time.
- It is a sauce as fast to prepare as it is tasty. I encourage you to improve your sessions among friends with this sauce, a great discovery of yummy.
A perfect sauce recipe to accompany a lot of recipes, from your favorite salad to your meat sandwich for example.
Here you have a step by step in photos where I show how to prepare this yogurt sauce recipe . Do not miss any detail so that it comes out perfect.
Tips for a yummy yogurt sauce
- This sauce can remind us of the very good Greek tzatziki sauce . It is a similar sauce but much simpler if possible.
- In addition to serving as an accompaniment to kebab, yogurt sauce serves to accompany almost any snack.
- If we consider it as a substitute for mayonnaise, we will get a much lighter and healthier dressing.
- It will be perfect to accompany meats such as chicken or lamb, vegetables of all kinds, whether raw in sticks, sauteed or steamed.