- 80 minutes
- For 4 people
- 1.6 € / person
- 87kcal per 100g.
How to make vegetable ratatouille.
The vegetable ratatouille is a staple in the kitchen, that is more than proven.
A preparation that is prepared using a combination of vegetables, to accompany and flavor any dish that comes to mind. Making a ratatouille is within the reach of anyone, even for the most lazy in the kitchen.
We can say that there is a vegetable ratatouille for each house or cooker @.
It supports many variations, depending on personal tastes, vegetables that are in season or even what is available in the fridge.
Today I propose a traditional recipe for ratatouille, with basic ingredients, inexpensive and uncomplicated.
You can add more vegetables depending on taste and time of year. I have made it with green peppers but if you prefer you can mix it, half green and half red.
In the Blog you can find recipes with ratatouille, such as the traditional Andalusian ratatouille , the zucchini ratatouille or the famous homemade Manchego ratatouille . In international cuisine we find ratatouille , which really is a tasty vegetable ratatouille.
And if you want to succeed at the table, I propose a more daring dish, zucchini stuffed with ratatouille and chicken fillets , a dish that I have prepared many times at home and is a sure value to succeed when there are guests to eat.
Preparation of the vegetable ratatouille.
- We wash the vegetables. We chop them into “brunoise” (small dice), of similar size. The garlic clove, well minced.
- In a saucepan or in a high frying pan, add a sheet of extra virgin olive oil and heat. When it reaches temperature, add the onion and sauté. Next the garlic and the peppers. We mix well.
- Add salt to taste, and add a good splash of white wine. At this point, cover the casserole, lower over low heat and cook for 30 minutes.
- The next step is to incorporate the zucchini. Mix again, cover and continue cooking for another 20 minutes. On low heat, but a continuous “chup chup” is appreciated.
- The diced tomatoes, crush them with the mixer, and add them to the rest of the vegetables.
- Mix, rectify salt if necessary and cook for 20 more minutes (with the pot covered).
- After time, we will have a delicious vegetable ratatouille ready.
I assure you that this summer you will find a lot of ideas to eat a little healthier at home.
Here you can see all the photos of the step by step of this recipe for vegetable ratatouille . Follow the photos and it will be delicious.
Tips for a yummy vegetable ratatouille
- The success of our vegetable ratatouille will depend on the quality of the vegetables we use. The ideal would be to use vegetables from the home garden, but if you do not have this option, find a trusted store and buy a good product. The quality shows.
- This dish requires time and patience. Preparing a ratatouille as it “should be” will take us at least an hour and a half. So it is advisable to plan our time and not do it in a hurry. Vegetables should be cooked in a hurry to stay at their optimum.
- A good idea is to prepare a good amount of vegetable ratatouille, and then freeze it in different amounts. So we will have it available whenever we need it, without taking so long to prepare.
- It is also possible to make homemade preserves, filling glass jars and then completing the process in a bain-marie.
- A simple ratatouille accompanied by fried eggs will become a star dish.
- We accompany good artisan bread and the party at the table will be complete. In many occasions, the simplest is the most delicious.