- 60 minutes
- For 10 people
- € 0.3 / person
- 305kcal per 100g.
How to make Christmas snowdrops . There are many things that I clearly remember from childhood, apart from special moments, friends who still are, that bike race that I lost but that became a recurring anecdote among the group of colleagues, I do not know, memories that take me back to another era.
It may sound strange to you but among those memories are also the flavors. The dessert recipe that I present today is one of those flavors that were always at home, especially on Christmas dates and that even today make me go back. I am referring to the snowdrops of a lifetime.
It is true that the ones I drank at that time were not homemade, but for me they were so good that, now as an adult, I have taken a joy in making them myself and discovering that I could prepare something practically the same as the original or even better.
Nevaditos are an intermediate between a polvorón or mantecado and a puff pastry . The incredible flavor, not at all greasy or with an aftertaste of the butter that it has among its ingredients, and the perfect texture.
They are some snacks that, if you dare to prepare, will not leave you indifferent and I bet you will do it again and again for two reasons, on the one hand how easy they are to prepare, and on the other how great they are. With this recipe you will get about 24 nevaditos, perfect to give to friends and family.
Preparation of the dough for future snowdrops
- The first thing we do is melt the lard. We can do it in a water bath or directly in the microwave for a few seconds.
- We mix the melted butter, with the sugar and the salt. Add the wine and mix well.
- Add the flour to the bowl and remove the dough with a fork until it has a more or less grainy texture.
- We finish working the ingredients by hand until we form a ball.
- Crush the ball by hand until it is flattened, wrap it with plastic wrap and leave it for 2 hours in the fridge until it becomes hard.
- We remove the dough from the fridge and place it between two sulfurized papers.
- With a kitchen roller we flatten the dough until we get a plate of about 2 or 3 cm. thick.
- With the cutter that we like the most we make the portions of the snowdrops. We will keep them in the fridge until they become hard again.
Baking and final presentation of the Christmas snowdrops
- We preheat the oven to 175º C.
- We place the snowdrops directly on a baking tray. We cook them for 15 minutes on the tray in the middle of the oven.
- Each oven as I always tell you is a world. Nobody knows him better than you, the 15 minutes are approximate (what my oven has needed), so better until we see that they begin to brown around the edges. About 15 to 20 minutes.
- We remove the snowdrops from the oven and place them on a grate until they cool completely.
- As we are placing them we will sprinkle them with icing sugar while still hot.
- We will be able to enjoy at any time of the day some snowfalls of category. So it is best to prepare them in advance of the holidays, and store them in an airtight box.
- You must put them in 2 heights and place vegetable paper between them. So you will have about 20 snowy mantecados perfect to surprise your visits at Christmas.
Accompanied with a coffee in the afternoon I assure you that they feel delicious, I recommend that you make double the recipe and give them to your friends and family, they literally fly.
You can see all the photos of the step by step in the next album.