- 25 minutes
- For 8 people
- 0.6 € / person
- 305kcal per 100g.
How to make Christmas fir trees from puff pastry and truffle.
With Christmas at its peak and so many school holidays in sight, we have to start thinking about easy, rich recipes that we can make with the children to have a good time with them while we cook.
These puff pastry and truffle firs are a breeze to make, even easier than the puff pastry tree I showed you last week. It is a dessert that remains prices, very nice firs and being puff pastry they have a crispy bite that overflows with chocolate.
It is also not cloying so it is a light alternative if the Christmas meals have been – like every year – too abundant.
We have shaped the puff pastry with a fir cookie cutter, but we can also use other Christmas motifs.
The same goes for the filling, we can directly use cocoa cream if we are in a hurry, cocoa cream , jams, dulce de leche or make a mix of several fillings to vary the flavor.
Preparation of Christmas fir trees from puff pastry and truffle
- We start by preparing the truffle by melting the chocolate in a water bath. Add the sugar and the liquid cream, stir until everything is well integrated.
- When the chocolate mixture is warm we pass it to a pastry bag and store it in the refrigerator. We roll out the puff pastry.
- With a cookie cutter we are making firs. We knead the leftover pasta with a rolling pin to get more firs. We leave them on the baking sheet on parchment paper
- We cover the fir trees with another sheet of sulfurized paper and put a tray or baking dish on top so that it makes weight and the puff pastry does not swell. We preheat the oven to 200 º C.
- Bake in the middle tray at 200 º C (heat up and down with air) for 10 minutes.
- We remove from the oven and let cool on a rack.
- When the firs are crispy we put chocolate on them (we use half) and cover with the rest of the firs making a puff pastry sandwich.
- We sprinkle icing sugar with the help of a strainer to decorate and ready, you see that it is not complicated and they are perfect to spend the afternoon with the little ones cooking.
Here you have a step by step in photos where I show how to prepare this recipe for Christmas fir trees stuffed with truffles . Do not miss any detail so that it is delicious.
Tips for perfect Christmas firs
- If we have time and prepare a homemade puff pastry the result will be much better. But the puff pastry bought is also worth it, that it is of quality please, so that the recipe turns out perfect.
- The puff pastry has to be very cold so that it is easy to handle and we can give the tree a nice shape.
- If your oven does not heat well at the bottom, try firing the firs with heat only below and place the oven tray on the bottom. With this we make sure that the puff pastry is well cooked.
- Although it is better to use rectangular puff pastry sheets, it can also be done with round ones, although you will have more waste when trimming the shape of the fir trees.
- If we add cinnamon and hazelnut pieces to the chocolate we will get a very special flavor. We can even fill with our favorite chocolate or hazelnut cream , homemade or not. I leave it to your choice.