- 20 minutes
- For 6 people
- 0.5 € / person
How to make a strawberry mousse . Today’s recipe is one of those that we can prepare with almost nothing, and with which we will achieve great results.
Either because we do not have time or desire to prepare a dessert, or simply because we are suddenly assailed by an irrepressible desire for sweet, this easy strawberry mousse is a very important option to consider.
It is about taking advantage of the seasonal fruit and preparing a different dessert, with only three ingredients. In an easy way we will have a fluffy and sweet mousse without having to worry about whether or not we are able to raise the whites well, or if when combined with other ingredients they lower us.
This is one of those dessert recipes that comes out yes or yes, it is so simple that it is suitable for kitchens that are starting in the world of cooking. We all think of the classic chocolate mousse but this dessert can be perfectly adapted to fruit, such as orange, lemon or kiwi. Thus achieving a healthy and tasty dessert that will surely delight the little ones.
At home this strawberry mousse is the quintessential dessert. Not only for the rich and tasty sensation that leaves us in the mouth, but also for how easy and quick it is to make it.
It is also a great way to eat fresh fruit in a dessert, a super easy and comfortable recipe to make with children, a good excuse to take the little ones from the house to the kitchen. We are in strawberry season, and I encourage you to prepare this mousse with such simple and cheap ingredients … Who can resist making it?
Preparation of strawberry mousse
- We heat in a saucepan 250 ml. of water. When it begins to boil add the strawberry jelly and stir until it has been diluted.
- Remove from the heat and add 250 ml. cold water. Stir well and reserve until the mixture has cooled. Once cold, we keep it in the fridge until we see that it is almost curdled.
- This can take us 1 hour or so. We must not let it set in its entirety, it must be in the middle of the process.
- While the strawberry jelly is curdling, we assemble the cream and store it in the fridge. Try the strawberries or strawberries first for the sugar point.
- This mousse doesn’t need any sweeter, but if the strawberries are very ripe, we need to add a couple of tablespoons of sugar.
- To assemble the cream I use the mixer with the electric rods accessory. It is more comfortable than with manual rods, although it can be done with both.
- We will use a large bowl, it is important that it is cold, like the cream or milk cream that must come out of the fridge.
- The cream is fat and if it gets hot it loses consistency so if it is not cold it will be difficult for it to rise as we want, if it rises. The ideal temperature is around 10º C.
- We put the cold cream in the bowl and beat about 3-4 minutes until it goes liquid to a kind of cream, with a little foam.
- Once we have reached this kind of dense liquid cream we beat harder until it reaches almost solid state. Easy, right? I assure you that with the recommendation to have all our ingredients cold it turns out perfect. We reserve.
Final assembly and presentation of the strawberry mousse
- We wash and chop the strawberries and crush them with the mixer. We keep the strawberries in the fridge also until the moment of using them, when the gelatin has curdled.
- When the gelatin is almost curdled, mix the cream with the crushed strawberries.
- With a stick blender we beat the gelatine to break it up. Incorporate the cream with the strawberries and continue beating.
- We will have a completely spongy and airy texture. We serve in the glasses in which we are going to present the mousse and keep in the fridge for 2 hours.
We can decorate our mousse with pieces of fresh strawberries , with a point of whipped cream or simply take it alone. We will have a great, easy, fast and delicious dessert.
A sweet with seasonal fruit that almost everyone likes, since its flavor and texture are soft and delicate.
You can see all the photos of the step by step in the next album.