- 30 minutes
- For 4 people
- € 2 / person
- 256kcal per 100g.
How to make grilled squid with white rice .
This unbridled rhythm that characterizes today’s society means that good eating habits are being lost.
I think that fast cooking should not be associated with cheap, greasy and unhealthy. With this recipe I try to show that we can eat very healthy and tasty without spending hours and hours in the kitchen.
In 25 minutes we can have prepared a tasty rice and grilled baby squid , almost without getting our hands dirty.
The most important thing is that they facilitate the task. When you go to the fishmonger ask your fishmonger to clean your squid well. This implies that they must take out the feather or thorn and the ink inside them and leave the bag.
In addition, you must ask to remove the skin so that the body of the baby squid is white. In this way, you will keep the four edible parts: the bag, the tentacles and the two fins of the baby squid itself. We will make these parts on the grill.
As for the rice, I advise you to see one of my “yummy tricks” that you can see in the video of the recipe, no more saying that ” the rice goes wrong “.
You will see how easy it is to prepare a loose white rice and at its point. Especially if you use a trusted rice, we have cooked round SOS rice that never fails us. I recommend that before you start to brown the garlic and prepare the baby squid, put the rice to cook.
In this way the rice will be ready for when you remove the squid from the griddle. Plate and eat hot so that the flavors do not fade when the baby squid cools.
What is very easy? We put our apron on and get to work.
We prepare the white rice
- In a small saucepan we put two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- Let it heat up and add the two glasses of rice. We fry it.
- Next we add the hot water. Two and a half glasses of water for each glass of rice. In our case it will be 5 full glasses of hot water. We put salt, to taste. We remove.
- We bring it to a boil and immediately afterwards we lower it to the minimum.
- We cover the saucepan and we are checking until the water evaporates. We turn it off and let it rest for 2 or 3 minutes. It’s ready.
We prepare the grilled squid
- We wash the baby squid and remove any remaining skin. We drain them and dry them well. Salamos
- In a small frying pan, put three tablespoons of olive oil and add the very minced garlic. We let them brown, carefully so they don’t burn. We reserve them on a plate.
- In a plate we pour the oil with which we have fried the garlic and spread it well on the base.
- If we need a little more oil we can add a tablespoon or two more, until the bottom of the pan is varnished with extra virgin olive oil.
- We heat and incorporate the baby squid, the tentacles and the fins.
- You can buy extra virgin olive oil by spray and drizzle lightly on the garlic and parsley. In this way the oil will be distributed better and the plate will be clean.
- We put it on high heat (in ceramic on the 7 or 8) about three minutes on each side. We ensure that they do not burn.
- When the squid meat is well browned, we remove them to a source and sprinkle with garlic and a little parsley to taste.
- Then we can put a fine stream of olive oil on each squid or squid.
Be sure to enjoy all the recipes for fish and seafood that we have on the blog.
Squid or baby squid?
- This recipe works for both large, medium and small squid.
- Many of you will wonder if the squid and squid are the same. Well, it can be said that yes, when we talk about common squid or squid (Loligo vulgaris) , it is a cephalopod and that in the Basque Country they have always called squid or “txipirón” .
- When we talk about baby squid, it is usually understood that it is a small squid . From the Basque Country it was imposed throughout Spain, always to designate the small squid, although now all squid are called either squid or squid.