- 30 minutes
- For 4 people
- 1.2 € / person
- 320kcal per 100g.
How to make a brioche toast with roasted tomatoes and pesto sauce . I present you a recipe with an Italian air that comes that is not even painted for these hot days.
In addition to being a dish full of delicious little things, tomatoes and basil provide us with a lot of vitamins and we take the opportunity to explain a new sauce that I had not yet spoken about: Genoese pesto sauce .
Pesto is an Italian green sauce that is made from olive oil, garlic and basil leaves, and is served cold. I have read before about the original Italian pesto and it turns out that it does not have garlic but that its base is olive oil, a dried fruit and a fresh herb, varying depending on the area or the cook.
You can even find the famous trapani pesto with olive oil, basil, almonds, garlic and fresh peeled tomatoes. The one that accompanies this recipe is the one that I was taught in a course, extra virgin olive oil, pine nuts, fresh basil, garlic and Parmesan or Pecorino cheese.
Finally, I encourage you to cook more often with fresh products and “eat well every day”. This dish is complete, even caloric depending on the amount of sauce with which you bathe the tomatoes but in moderation it would be a perfect recipe for the summer. The brioche bread you can do it at home, you have the recipe on the blog or buy one of trust.
Cheer up for her, but always eating healthy, no strange diets and of course that closing your mouth for two months is useless, everything has its measure. Let’s enjoy cooking!
Preparation of pesto sauce
- If you want to read more in depth how to prepare a good Italian pesto .
- Here I leave you with a summary. We must use fresh basil, long ago it was difficult to get but now it is sold in any market.
- My advice is to go to a nursery and buy yourself a pot of fresh basil. A perfect way to have basil when you need it, ready for any recipe.
- We pluck some leaves from the pot and wash them very well. For this sauce we have two options, make it from the mortar or with the blender. I recommend the first option that is more laborious but the result is much better.
- Peel the garlic and mash with a little salt, very little because we are going to add cured cheese and we do not want it to be salty.
- We introduce the basil leaves crushing them with viciousness. Then we add the pine nuts. You can try almonds or walnuts.
- We give it without mercy until we have a homogeneous puree or cream.
- Next we beat incorporating the virgin olive oil little by little until giving the pasta a creamy consistency. We must not stop beating until we get a perfect emulsion.
- We introduce the grated Parmesan or Pecorino cheese (you can even mix) stirring until it integrates perfectly with the sauce.
Assembly and final presentation of the brioche toast with tomatoes and pesto sauce
- Now comes the simplest, we wash the tomatoes, dry them and preheat the oven to 190º for 5 minutes.
- We place the tomatoes on a tray and put in the oven, central tray, with heat up and down. Bake at 175ºC for 12-15 minutes.
- While we prepare the tomatoes, we toast the bread that we like the most in a toaster, on an iron, in a pan or in the oven itself. Brushing the slice with a little butter or virgin olive oil.
- We remove the tomatoes from the oven and mount on the toast.
- Season with salt and pepper and add a tablespoon of pesto sauce. At the table and I assure you that not even crumbs will remain.
I encourage you to visit more recipes for tapas, snacks and pinchos perfect for an unforgettable evening with yours.
Tips for a yummy green pesto
- If you don’t have patience for the mortar, use a mixer and that’s it.
- It is a very grateful sauce, it holds up well in the fridge thanks to its high content in olive oil. In addition to accompanying these tomatoes, it can be very useful for a little pasta, rice or gnocchi, even grilled meat or fish.
- A sauce that should not be missing at home, beautiful and very green, but as I told you at the beginning take it in moderation.
- You can tune it and make it tastier with a little liquid cream. It will be creamier. On the other hand, if you want it lighter, add two tablespoons of the water.
- If you want to enhance the flavor of the nuts you just have to toast them and you will get the oil from the nut to give it a different touch.
- This sauce can be made in advance, we just have to prepare a little pasta (10 minutes) or these tomatoes (15 minutes) and you have a plate of 10 points.
- Also once done you can have it in the fridge or freeze it, but not more than 3 months.