- 60 minutes
- For 10 people
- 0.5 € / person
- 380kcal per 100g.
How to make fried canes filled with chocolate . Many of you already know that I love the recipes of always, those of a lifetime, that we normally learn to prepare thanks to the teachings of mothers and grandmothers, and that we will surely teach to our children.
If there is a dessert that meets these requirements as a classic recipe, it is the cream canes of a lifetime . It is one of the most traditional sweets in our country, it could almost guarantee that each community has a town or locality, where the reeds are a specialty.
The recipe that I bring you today will make us prepare some crunchy canes with a touch of cinnamon and vanilla sugar that will prevent you from eating just one. Although the most typical are the canes filled with pastry cream, the options are many. We can fill them with citrus creams, chocolate ganache, truffle cream, angel hair, other more colorful with rice pudding, and of course, today’s recipe, some canes filled with chocolate cream .
It is an alternative that I am sure your kids will love just like you. The complication of this cream is minimal, so I hope you don’t back down with this recipe, which is actually quite simple, and that’s what it’s all about, right?, Preparing delicious food without complications.
The truth is that I love stuffed canes and I love even more this very easy chocolate cream that is perfect for a lot of desserts, as a filling for these canes, a sponge cake or in a glass combined with whipped cream, very good. To convince you I only have one thing left to say, once we have prepared the canes, without the filling, we can save them and leave the cream to work for another day, keeping them in sachets in the freezer.
At the moment we want to use them, we fill them directly removed from the freezer, still frozen and leave them at room temperature for a few minutes so that they acquire their original texture again. They will be just as delicious, fresh and crisp as they are freshly made. Do you dare to surprise your neighbors, family and friends? Go for them!
Preparation of fried canes filled with chocolate
- In a large bowl add all the ingredients except the butter. Knead, first with the help of a wooden spoon and then with your hands. When the ingredients are beginning to mix we are adding the butter that should be soft, in ointment. Knead for 4 or 5 minutes, form a ball and let stand for 30 minutes, covering the dough with a cloth.
- We smear a work surface with oil and, with the help of a rolling pin, we spread the dough as thin as possible. It is very important that the dough is very finite, so we will get a much crispier texture of our reeds.
- We cut the dough into strips no wider than 3 cm. and about 20 cm. long. We form the cone that the reeds rolled up the strips of dough in the reed mold.
- In a deep frying pan, heat the olive oil and add the molds with the rolled dough. We fry for 1 or 2 minutes on each side at medium temperature and we remove the reeds to a tray with absorbent paper to reduce excess oil.
- In the middle of the frying process, it will be easy for us to remove our metal molds from each reed, thus achieving a better frying inside.
- We go with the chocolate cream. We separate 3 tablespoons of milk in a cup and dilute the cornstarch. We reserve.
- In a saucepan, heat the remaining milk, the cinnamon stick, the sugar, and the milk with diluted corn starch. Stir until the sugar dissolves.
- When it begins to thicken, add the chopped chocolate and butter and remove from the heat. Stir without stopping until the chocolate and butter melt.
- We continue stirring for 3-4 minutes until we get a fine and shiny cream. At this point the cream should be quite thick. As the cream cools it will thicken even more. It is essential, to prevent the surface of the cream from scabbing when it cools, that every 3-4 minutes, until it is completely cold, we remove the cream with a spatula. In the end we will have a smooth cream without crust.
- The easiest and cleanest way to fill our canes, once cold, is to use a pastry bag. In this case I have used a star mouthpiece but we could perfectly fill the reeds without any mouthpiece. If we do not have a sleeve, we can do it with the help of a kitchen bottle with a wide mouth, or simply filling it with a teaspoon, the most cumbersome option.
- We fill the pastry bag with the chocolate cream and we easily fill each of the canes. When serving, sprinkle with icing sugar.
Simply delicious, they will fall one after another, I assure you.
Be sure to enjoy all the yummy desserts in our dessert recipes .