- 15 minutes
- For 10 people
- 0.2 € / person
Homemade Christmas Puff Pastry Recipe . Christmas dates are a great time to test ourselves in the kitchen. The repertoire of dishes that we can prepare is extensive and varied, especially in relation to desserts and sweets of the moment, from the classic roscos de vino and all the recipes of polvorones that you can find on the blog, through an endless number of recipes of desserts with nougat. Today I have prepared some very typical Christmas pastries that I especially like, the puff pastries .
It is a buttery and super tasty bite, with an incredible texture. Thanks to the contribution of wine among its ingredients, these sweet pastries have a great flaky texture. Although I have used butter in its preparation, we can prepare them with lard in the same way. In any case, they are very typical Christmas sweets that are totally delicious. In fact, I can’t resist preparing them from time to time, whatever the time of year.
I have chosen to prepare these snack bites, but you can give them the size that you like the most, serving size or snack size, in any of their options I assure you that they are a success.
Preparation of Christmas flakes
- In a bowl mix the flour, sugar and orange zest. Incorporate well with a fork. Add the orange juice, wine and diced cold butter. With the help of a fork, incorporate the butter with the rest of the ingredients. At the end of the process we can help ourselves with our hands, trying to manipulate the dough as little as possible. We form a ball and wrap it with transparent paper.
- We keep the dough in the fridge until it becomes hard, at least 1 hour. We can leave the dough overnight for no problem and even freeze it.
- We place the dough between two oven papers and stretch it with a rolling pin until it is 1.5 cm thick. It is important that we give it the most regular shape possible to have the least amount of cuts. To reuse the cuttings we have to knead them again and that will cause the puff pastry to deform.
- Cut the puff pastry into squares with the help of a ruler and a sharp knife. I have used a pizza cutter and the cut has been quite clean.
- We place the flaky pastries on the baking sheet about 2 cm apart. They will grow slightly during baking. With the oven previously heated to 170ºC with heat up and down and without a fan, we bake the sweets for about 30-35 minutes.
- Let the puff pastries cool on a rack and, once cold, sprinkle them with icing sugar or ground sugar.
In this simple way we can enjoy some typically Christmas pastries perfect for snacks or to be part of the string of desserts after any of the family meals that are sure to await us.
Be sure to enjoy all these sweets that you will find in the special Christmas recipes , I assure you that you will find a lot of ideas to make yours much happier.
You can see all the photos of this puff pastry recipe step by step in the next album.