- 60 minutes
- For 4 people
- € 1.5 / person
- 306kcal per 100g.
How to make an easy beer chicken recipe . If you want to start in the kitchen with a simple dish and remain as the best cookers in the family, this is your recipe.
The dish that I explain to you this week is cheap, very simple in its preparation and, most importantly, incredibly tasty. It is also very versatile because it allows a lot of variations and garnishes to accompany it. This is one of those chicken recipes , where it takes on a very peculiar flavor, beer chicken .
This way of preparing chicken is typical of German cuisine , as in Spain where we use white or red wine to stew, in Central Europe they help with different types of beer to season and stew meat dishes. In the same way as with wine, beer loses all its alcoholic content during cooking and the result is an aromatic chicken with a mild flavor.
The ingredients are easy to locate and cheap, I think you can not ask for more to start, with these simple ingredients we only need a good knife and a saucepan as God intended. The beer you should use is the one you like, although not just any. To find different nuances use a slightly more premium beer, it will give it that touch that sets it apart from the rest.
In this case I have decided on a Cruzcampo Gran Reserva . It has an intense malt flavor, but not in excess, which subtly enhances the flavor of the sauce with the sweet contrast of the vegetables. We also have a perfect dish to put it in the lunchbox and eat in the job, but also a ten-point dinner for children or the best guests.
A simple, quick and delicious recipe where beer helps when cooking. Furthermore, Cruzcampo is a perfect food companion. He accompanies us at the table with a variety of incredible nuances of flavor that beer brings us. I hope you like it as much as we do at home.
Preparation of the base of this chicken to beer
- Heat a little extra virgin oil in a saucepan. Do not overdo it with the oil because the chicken skin will also release its fat and it will cook in its own juice.
- Add the chicken pieces and sauté for about 10 minutes until the chicken changes color.
- If you want the sauce to be thick, you can pass the chicken through a little flour to brown it earlier and thus add part of that flour to the oil with which we are going to cook the rest of the ingredients.
- We remove the chicken from the casserole with that pleasant color and we will see that it has released part of its juice.
- We remove the chicken to a source and reserve. In the same casserole and the same oil we are going to prepare our vegetable base. Peel the onions, carrots, chives and garlic.
- We wash the peppers and chop all the ingredients in a thin julienne (thin and elongated strips as thin as possible, 2 to 3 mm.), Or in thin slices (in the case of carrots).
- Heat the oil with the juice of the chicken and add the onion, chives and garlic first.
- We fry for 2 or 3 minutes over medium-high heat. We add the rest of the ingredients, peppers and carrots.
- We fry everything about 10 minutes over low heat in the same oil where we have browned the chicken.
Preparation of beer chicken
- Add the chicken pieces and remove everything, bringing together the ingredients and flavors. When the sauce is well browned, add the beer. Add the bay leaves, a little parsley (better if it is fresh), a touch of basil and rectify salt and pepper. Remember that you can add your favorite aromatic plants. We let it reduce a little, about 10-15 minutes over medium heat to remove part of the alcohol and give the stew that sweet touch.
- We cover everything with the rest of the beer. There are many types, those in which the flavor of spices is noticeable or that even slightly bitter can give the touch to your recipe.
- In this case we have decided on a Cruzcampo gran reserva beer that gives it sweet touches such as apple, a slight acidic fruit flavor.
- Stew over low-medium heat (at 4 out of 10 points on the induction hob) until the liquid is reduced.
- The meat of the chicken should be tender and the vegetables begin to fall apart, approximately 30 minutes, although it will depend on the size of the chicken pieces. It is important that you stir from time to time so that it does not stick to the bottom of the pan. We taste the point of salt of the stew and rectify if necessary.
- We serve very hot and with a little bread, the sauce in this recipe is great, I assure you.
I hope you like it and prepare it at home. A simple and ideal recipe perfect for planning your daily menus. If you do not want to miss the detail of this beer chicken recipe, follow this step by step, it will be perfect for you.
Tips for a Stumpy Beer Chicken
- When buying the chicken, choose a whole one already sliced or those parts that you like the most. In my case you will see a lot of wings and some thigh. Whatever the piece, ask the butcher to cut it for stew.
- If you don’t have time to go to the market or to your trusted butcher. Just look in the supermarket for a tray with chicken prepared for cooking, choose one of good quality and don’t go for the cheapest.
- This stew like most will be better from one day to the next. The flavors settle and the sauce you don’t see wins. To heat it, it is better to use the same saucepan over very low heat, stirring occasionally.
Pairing with Cruzcampo Gran Reserva
- When we talk about this beer, the first thing I do not notice is that its color in the glass is very successful, with a beautiful reddish copper. That tone is thanks to the fact that the beer is made 100% with three types of lightly toasted barley malts.
- It has a very fruity aroma with various fruits and other sweet touches. In the mouth it offers us its soft and sweet body, reminiscent of honey. It is very pleasant to drink because its bitterness is very soft, long and with presence. It also holds up very well in the glass as it has little bubble, which makes it perfect also for cooking.