- 25 minutes
- For 4 people
- 3.4 € / person
- 310kcal per 100g.
How to make scallops in pepper sauce I encourage you to prepare this beef recipe in a sauce with a touch of green pepper. An easy, tasty, very complete and quick dish for lunch or dinner.
Pepper sauce is very common on many restaurant menus. Sure many of you have tasted it, generally accompanying some meat such as beef or pork sirloin , entrecote , or some tender scallops .
One of my favorite sauces is this made with green pepper. It goes very well with any grilled meat and also with a baked white fish. The secrets of this recipe are the quality of the ingredients, adjusting the proportion of pepper to our tastes. Since it is a species with intense flavor and presence. And that brings the sauce to its right point of creaminess, this is achieved with a cream with little fat, which is soft to cook.
This recipe is very simple, we will prepare a sauce with a creamy base, with cream, and with an intense flavor thanks to the green pepper. Choose quality meat, such as a good Galician beef sirloin, and prepare to enjoy a delicious dish.
If you like this type of meat cut to accompany your dishes, you can find a lot of sirloin recipes that are sure to succeed at home, you can impress your guests at home.
Preparation of the accompaniment, the potatoes
- We start by taking the scallops out of the fridge. We reserve them on a plate / platter at room temperature for 1 hour, this way they will be best done on the grill.
- The choice of potatoes is essential, as this dish wants to go well accompanied. Potatoes are not all the same for frying, it depends on the amount of starch they contain.
- In supermarkets they already sell special potatoes for frying, but I recommend an old Galician potato if possible, the new ones have a lot of starch.
- Peel the potatoes and chop them in a bakery (into thin slices). We must try to make them all more or less the same, especially thick, so that they are made equally.
- Then we wash them well in a bowl until the cold water to remove the starch for about 5 minutes and dry with a cotton cloth. We reserve.
Preparation of the scallops with pepper
- In a frying pan, melt the butter over medium heat. When it is liquid, pour the brandy and continue cooking, so that the alcohol evaporates and reduces.
- Now we add the liquid cream. We stir slightly to mix with the previous liquid.
- After a couple of minutes, we add a little meat stock (I usually keep small cubes of some meat stew in the freezer, they would also be good for flavoring), a tablespoon of concentrated meat extract or a concentrated meat pill (this step is optional, it does not go wrong because it gains intensity of flavor, although the dish by itself is also a success). We mix and continue cooking.
- In another frying pan, heat the extra virgin olive oil and begin to fry the potatoes.
- We must cook them over low heat for about 15 minutes, after that time we raise the temperature to the maximum, at about 180º C, and fry it until they are golden brown, watching so that they do not burn.
- In this way we will create a crispy layer with which we will get perfect potato chips. constantly so they don’t burn.
- When the cream sauce is almost ready, add about 10-12 green peppercorns, evenly distributed.
- Some of them can be “popped” to add more flavor to the cream. Let cook over low heat for about 5 minutes.
- This time will take us to prepare the scallops on the grill and finish the potatoes.
- We salt the meat to taste and we grill it, round and round, so that the scallops are very tender.
For the plating, we serve with the fries, some beef fillets, and we sauce on top. As you can see, a quick, simple and full of flavor dish.
You can see all the photos of the step by step in the next album.
- We can affirm that pepper , whether grain or ground, is one of the most widespread and used spices on the planet. It is present in the gastronomy of many cultures and peoples.
- There are many varieties of this plant, from which we then use its fruits to obtain the spice. Originally its cultivation is located in India, and was brought from there to Europe thanks to Charlemagne. First in Greece and then it spread to the rest of the continent. It was a very rare and appreciated product, making it a true exchange “currency” for European merchants in the Middle Ages.
- The best known varieties are black, bank and green, but there are many less known. Currently, thanks to the globalization of the Kitchen, they have reached restaurants and homes.
- We have Mignonette pepper (mix of black and white), long (Asia), Pink (South America), or Jamaica, with a spicier flavor than the rest. Its color varies depending on its state of maturation.
- Specifically, green pepper is the still immature fruit. It has a fresh flavor, with hints of mint, little spicy and a fairly intense aroma. We will find it mainly in glass jars, grain and brine, so that it can be kept in good condition for several months.