- 30 minutes
- For 4 people
- 2.4 € / person
- 280kcal per 100g.
How to make a chicken curry . One of the chicken recipes that I like the most if we talk about exotic cuisine is chicken curry or chicken curry .
Since I started the blog, I opened my mind a little to recipes with an exotic touch, little by little I introduced curry into my life and my dishes.
Curry is now a staple of my kitchen, not just that oriental or Asian touch that accompanies a recipe, be it a vegetable curry or a lentil curry, not just chicken.
In the same way, my dishes have evolved to recipes more faithful to the original version, as you can see in today’s chicken curry.
I present you a complete and tasty dish ready in no time. Simple, with a delicious combination of flavors and quick to prepare, but with a unique flavor that will delight your guests.
We have also learned how to prepare basmati rice , which gives this recipe that professional touch. We have used basmati rice Sundari respects the delicate nuances of this type of rice that goes perfectly with the flavors of chicken and curry sauce.
A very simple and very tasty recipe, really delicious. A gift for our palates and now for yours.
Preparing the Chicken Curry Base
- Peel the onions and chop them into small pieces. Likewise with garlic and ginger.
- We put a medium saucepan on the fire with half of the soft virgin olive oil (two tablespoons).
- We put the onion in the saucepan and then the garlic cloves. Add the bay leaves and salt to taste.
- We prepare the chicken, I recommend that you use chicken thigh, it will give more flavor to your chicken curry. Cut into medium squares (about 2 centimeters long) and season to taste.
Preparation of chicken curry
- In a large frying pan or casserole add the virgin olive oil.
- We put the chicken in the pan, brown for 3-4 minutes until the pieces blanch, we just want to seal the surface and make the chicken juicy.
- Add the chicken and the water that has been released to the casserole with the rest of the ingredients. We introduce the tomato in pieces (without skin and if possible without seeds). We remove.
- We pour the lime juice (without seeds) and sauté with all the ingredients, which gives it that perfect acidic point.
- We put the raisins in a glass with water. We heat in the micro for one minute at maximum temperature. We remove from the micro and let them rest another minute. Drain and reserve for the next step.
- Add the curry powder (do not add more curry than indicated in the recipe until you get the point and leave it to your personal taste) to the casserole and mix well.
- If you like it with a spicy touch, it’s time to add a little chilli. Although remember that it has freshly ground black pepper and it already gives it a little spicy taste.
Cooking chicken curry. Presentation
- Add the coconut milk and stir well so that the flavors and smells mix. We leave over medium-high heat to reduce our future chicken curry sauce.
- After 5 minutes we reduce the cooking temperature in half. We try salt and if necessary add a little more.
- Chop the cashews and reserve.
- We add the raisins that we have previously hydrated to the casserole. We put everything together with a wooden spoon.
- Let them cook over medium-low heat for about 12 minutes until the sauce is reduced.
- If we see that it reduces too much we can add a little water or whole milk.
- When we see that the sauce has thickened we put the fire to a minimum.
- This way we keep the heat while we prepare the basmati rice that will refresh our palates while we eat the curry.
- We serve the freshly made rice along with the chicken curry on the same plate.
- Sprinkle with a tablespoon of the cashews (it will give a crispy touch) and with the coriander very chopped on top.
Do not forget to serve some naan bread or chapati. A staple in Hindu cuisine to help push.
Although the rice mixes perfectly with the sauce leaving the dish super clean. Do you cheer up with a chicken curry? Well, to the kitchen!
You can see all the step-by-step photos of the chicken curry recipe in this album. Do not miss any detail and it will be perfect.