- 80 minutes
- For 10 people
- 0.2 € / person
- 408kcal per 100g.
How to prepare some Christmas fritters Do you like easy sweet recipes ?
Here you have one that you will love, for its simplicity and for how delicious they are, some fritters or French beignets .
In some Latin American countries they usually cook this sweet as a Christmas dessert. In Spain we have the well-known wind fritters , which are usually prepared with some filling and are typical of the All Saints party .
Today I leave you a slightly more glamorous variety, if only for the name, as it closely resembles the other elaborations.
The French donuts , also known as beignets are a typical dessert throughout the French territory. The recipe that I bring you is the simplest, only the dough is fried and then we sprinkle it with icing sugar. But there are more versions where you can include some apple or even potato.
When I was little, my mother sometimes surprised us with a big snack, fritters and chocolate. This was not every day, but I have it recorded in my memory as something wonderful.
I loved going into the kitchen with her and shaping the fritters. I always prepare them round, out of habit, but you can give it the shape you like best.
If you have children, surely they love to participate in its preparation and even more in its tasting. And if you want to throw the house out the window, and send the diet for a walk, you can accompany the fritters with a hot chocolate… you will not be able to resist the temptation! Having said all this, put on your apron and get to work that these fritters are dead.
Preparation of French fritters
- In a bowl we mix the water, milk, sugar and yeast. Next we add the flour, the egg and the butter. Mix well with a spoon and when it becomes full we finish kneading with our hands.
- We make a ball and cover it. We take it to the refrigerator for an hour. We sprinkle a clean surface with flour.
- After time, we remove the dough that will have grown and spread it on the surface that we have prepared, leaving it with a thickness of approximately 1 cm.
- We shape the fritters. I have prepared them round, but they are also usually made square.
Frying and final presentation of the fritters
- We heat a frying pan with medium neutral oil (sunflower or mild olive oil) over medium heat so that it does not add more flavor to the dough.
- The difficulty of this dessert is in the temperature of the oil. Since if it is not very hot, the dough falls to the bottom and care must be taken to keep it afloat. But if it is too hot, a dry wrap forms around the donut that prevents it from growing.
- Also if the oil is very hot, they will brown very quickly and will be raw inside. The first batch will serve us to try the following ones and they will be delicious.
- We throw the skillet a few at a time since they will double their size. When they are golden, remove the fritters from an absorbent paper. When they are warm sprinkle with icing sugar.
- That way they would already be perfect. We serve them freshly made and to enjoy.
Donuts or beignets are a fluffy snack, easy to prepare and very tasty.
You can see all the photos of the step by step of the recipe for Christmas fritters in this album. Follow the photos and I assure you that they will be perfect the first time.