- Very easy
- 45 minutes
- For 8 people
- 0.5 € / person
- 260kcal per 100g.
How to make an easy and homemade yogurt cake
The yogurt cake is undoubtedly the most basic and easiest cake to prepare .
The yogurt sponge cake with which to start in the pastry world, the one that our grandmothers, aunts or mothers taught us to prepare.
The one that we will never stop doing because it is prepared in a moment, it always looks good and also smells like memories.
The grace of this recipe is to use the yogurt container as a meter and not have to mess up more pots, which is why it is so simple and quick to prepare.
We can prepare it as it is great or add, for example, peeled apple cubes, zest of citrus , cinnamon or chocolate chips (previously floured, like the pieces of fruit so that they do not all end up in the bottom).
If you have not yet prepared this cake, it is time to get down to work, never disappoint.
Preparation of the base of the cake. Yogurt cup measurements
- We preheat the oven to 200º.
- We empty the content of the yogurt and reserve it. We are left with the yogurt container to use as a meter.
- When we talk about “one measure” we will refer to the content that fits in the yogurt container (2 measures of sugar is the sugar that fits in the yogurt container for two)
- In a large bowl beat the eggs, add two measures of sugar and continue beating with a hand stick.
- Mix with a little liquid vanilla.
- We add a measure of oil, it can be sunflower if we like it soft or extra virgin olive oil that gives the mixture a very good taste.
- We also pour the yogurt that we had reserved and stir everything with energy until it dissolves and integrates with the rest of the ingredients.
- We add 3 measures of flour and the yeast with a sieve or strainer.
- Sifting is optional, so we will avoid lumps. We continue stirring until we get a fine and homogeneous mixture.
Baking and final presentation of the yogurt cake
- We line the bottom of a mold with baking paper and grease the walls with oil or butter so that it is easy to remove from the mold.
- Pour the bowl mixture into the mold and bake for 30 minutes at 200º C in the central tray of the oven.
- Remember that each oven is a world and that no one better than you, to know how it heats and duration. Do not think to open the oven while it is baking.
- To check if it is done we prick it with a knife, if it comes out clean with no traces of dough stuck it is time to remove it from the oven.
- We allow to temper and remove from the mold carefully.
- We sprinkle powdered sugar with the help of a small strainer to make it more beautiful.
It is perfect for a special snack or to take as a dessert to a meal.
You can see all the photos of the step by step of the recipe for homemade yogurt cake and easy in this album.
Tips for a perfect yogurt cake
- If the ingredients are at room temperature they will integrate better into the dough, leaving the yogurt and eggs out of the refrigerator 15 minutes before using them will suffice.
- Sifting the flour helps prevent lumps and a softer, fluffier result.
- If the mold is high it will cost more to raise the cake and the central part may take too long to make, being dry on the outside. If it is a round mold like the one in this recipe, the ideal is that it is about 22cm in diameter.
- The oven door should never be opened before 2/3 of the baking time has passed, if we do so, the change in temperature can cause it to deflate and we will be left without a cake.