- 25 minutes
- For 4 people
- 0.8 € / person
- 280kcal per 100g.
How to make homemade poles with cherry cherries . A perfect dessert for the little ones at home and not so young, homemade ice cream with fruit for the summer.
What do you think of the idea? Does this refreshing photo seduce you? Well, it is a very simple recipe that you can prepare with seasonal pillory and even with other summer fruits. A fresh, moisturizing, healthy idea and very easy to prepare. Ideal especially for these heats that we have these days.
The most difficult thing is to remove the pips from the cherries but with this trick even the little ones can do it. Let the children that you will surely have on vacation be encouraged to enter the kitchen and prepare fun things like these polo shirts, full of vitamins and color.
And it is that with the 38th gradients that we reach in Spain in summer what you want are ice cream , slush , smoothies , lemonades or a very cool pole.
The quantities will depend on the size of our pole molds and the number of poles we want to make. I hope you cheer up with this homemade dessert prepared with fruit and that you melt with pleasure.
Before starting with the poles. The pillory
- We wash the pillory well and discourage it. You can see all the tricks we have to remove the cherry pipo in the following video. Although it can also be done the old-fashioned way, with a knife and a little patience.
- We make the syrup with the water, the lemon juice and the indicated sugar. In a saucepan or casserole, heat the water and let it cook over medium low heat for about 6-7 minutes until you get a syrup.
- We turn off the fire and let cool.
Preparation of the pillory poles
- We add the pitted cherries and the honey to the syrup already cold and crush everything very well. It should have a fruit puree texture.
- You can use the blender but I recommend something a little more powerful so that everything melts very well and is fully integrated.
- We can substitute honey for panela, brown sugar, even invert sugar to avoid crystallization. You can also lighten this dessert with a sweetener, stevia or the one you use at home. Actually it depends a lot on the maturity of the fruit, which already carries fructose by itself.
- We must let the mixture cool completely and begin to thicken before using it, so it is advisable to do it in time.
- We put the mixture in our t-shirts or pole molds. It depends on the poles you have, in my case it already comes with the stick and a cover so that they are as you see in the video or photos. But I have seen many types of molds, use each according to the instructions for use. We put them in the freezer.
- We will let it finish freezing, at least 3 hours before we pay homage to ourselves with our homemade pillory pole.
An ideal dessert for this time of year with that intense and delicious flavor given by the pillory.
You can see all the photos of the step by step in the next album of the recipe for homemade pillory .