- Very easy
- 25 minutes
- For 8 people
- 0.4 € / person
After the unprecedented success of hazelnut cookies , today I attack with an even better recipe, cookies with my favorite nuts: almonds and pistachios. Some dessert cookies that can perfectly replace the hard nougat of Xixona, a little less cloying but just as forceful. And it is that the flavor is very similar but less sweet, so you can eat two or three cookies at once. It is a fantastic option for this Christmas, along with the nougat tiramisu and the Santiago cake that will be the two star desserts on the 25th. I hope you like them.
The base of this recipe is very similar to that of hazelnut cookies, but in order not to make them so heavy I have ignored the chocolate, I assure you that as they are yummy. Talking to Silvia a few days ago on the phone, she told me that she wanted something similar to Allariz’s macaroons for Christmas and the flavor is really very similar, although they are not so soft on the inside since, since they do not have a wafer at their base, the cookie is super crunchy. I will not sell them to you anymore because it is not necessary, you have to do them yes or yes. They are more than tested, I encourage you to prepare them and dip them in a large glass of cold milk or in hot chocolate.
Preparation of almond and pistachio cookies:
- The first of all is to preheat the oven to about 180ºC, it is important because the dough is very easy and fast and as we have everything mixed it goes directly to the oven.
- We separate the whites from the yolks, reserve. You can use the yolks for a potato omelette, do not throw them away.
- Add the egg whites, cream or milk cream and sugar in a large bowl. We mix everything very well with a fork, it should be a cream tied but loose.
- We chop the almonds in the mincer, it is not necessary that they are completely ground, in fact it is better to find small pieces of almond. We match everything with almond flour, I recommend the one sold in Mercadona, it is not badly priced and it is of good quality. Remove and gather the almonds.
- Peel the pistachios and chop in the same way as the almonds, together with them.
- Add the nuts to the bowl with the cream of white, cream and sugar.
- We mix everything very well with a fork and we already have the cookie dough. Try it, even raw it is delicious.
- We prepare the oven tray with vegetable paper or sulfurized. And with a spoon, since the dough is quite sticky, we are making small portions or balls that we deposit in the tray (with enough space so that when they are made they do not stick to each other, about 3 cm are enough). We crush well so that they are as thin as possible. 12 cookies per batch came out of my baking tray but they were really too big.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 180º in the middle tray with air up and down. As I told you everything depends on the oven of each one, in some it will be 18 minutes in others 25. It looks perfectly when they are ready because they are taking on a golden color like the one that appears in the photo that I present below. 2 batches of 12 come out, if you want more you just have to multiply the quantities.
- We remove from the oven, let them harden and cool and remove from the mold. We keep in an airtight container so that they do not soften and are vice, to repeat. Be careful because they are simply addictive, highly addictive …