- 40 minutes
- For 2 persons
- € 4 / person
- 280kcal per 100g.
How to prepare a sea bream stuffed with seafood.
I have already told you on several occasions that sea bream is one of my favorite fish recipes .
In fact, at home we usually vary a lot when preparing it, but we always repeat, for sure, with this fish.
At home it is one of the fish we consume the most, either sea bream in salt or simply with a bed of onion and potatoes .
Also in the Mediterranean style, gilded with olives , as it is prepared on the islands, gilded a la Menorquina or its French version, gilded Marseillaise .
A way of eating fish that is always a very handy, fast and super tasty food, the sea bream is a great option to eat fish.
Today we have prepared a sea bream stuffed with prawns flavored with white wine.
The bream is a fish of white meat and delicate flavor and texture, ideal for preparing tasty to the oven or papillote . The process could not be easier, it is about preparing a filling, the one that we like the most to place between the two fillets of the body of each of the golden ones.
Although I have opted for some prawns flavored with white wine, a simple refried leek with carrot or any other seasonal vegetable would be perfect, you know the imagination to power.
Preparation of the sea bream filling
- We will ask our fishmonger to prepare the bream to fill us.
- In other words, remove the viscera and fillet it by removing the central bone. At home we can remove the head or not, as we like.
- We lightly wash the fish and reserve it.
- We remove the skins from the prawns and clean the bodies.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet and when ready add the shrimp shells.
- We sauté them for 1 or 2 minutes, until they take color and leave their essence in the oil.
- We will use this oil to cook then the filling of the gilthead. We remove the remains of the shells.
- We add, to the same pan with the same flavored oil of the skins of the prawns, the onion and the clove of garlic cut into small cubes.
- Poach the vegetables until they are soft over medium heat with a little salt and black pepper, avoiding burning.
Preparation of stuffed gilthead and baked
- We preheat the oven to 180º C for 10 minutes, before finishing filling the gilthead. The oven with heat up and down.
- Add the meat of the prawns and cook for 1 or 2 minutes. We should not cook them too much so that they are not hard. Add the white wine and salt and let it reduce for 2 minutes.
- Water a baking tray with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. We place one of the halves of the gilthead with the skin down.
- We distribute over the slightly drained filling of its sauce. Cover with the other half of the bream and water with the sauce of the sofrito.
- Bake with the oven at 180º C, with heat above and below, for 14 minutes.
- Do not go over the times, we do not want to take the golden past and dry. With these indications it will be perfect for you.
We can accompany the stuffed gilthead with cooked potatoes watered with part of the sauce or with a little white rice .
Either way we will have a fish dish totally yummy. Perfect to accompany with a glass of a good white wine, from Albariño for example, it would be perfect.
You can see all the step by step photos of this stuffed gilthead recipe in this album.