- 60 minutes
- For 4 people
- € 4.5 / person
- 195kcal per 100g.
How to make razor clams in tomato sauce . Today I want to make a seafood recipe in honor of my land, Galicia. It is in Galicia where we can find the best razors in the world, so today we prepare a luxury recipe, razors in tomato sauce.
We can find razors in the markets during most of the year and their price is not excessive, so there is no reason not to dare to prepare this delicacy at home.
Although the usual thing is to prepare these grilled razors with garlic and parsley. The reality is that this mollusk allows us many more options. To treat this product as it deserves. It is important that once we buy them, live of course, we keep them in salted water. This mollusk easily dehydrates once out of the water. For which, upon arrival from the market, we must immerse them in water with an abundant amount of salt to prevent them from drying out and eliminate the sand and impurities inside them before cooking them.
Today’s recipe could not be simpler, it is about preparing the razors on the grill on the one hand, with garlic, oil and parsley and on the other preparing a tomato sauce with the essence of the razor blades. At the end we will unite both preparations for a few minutes to get a different plate of razors and those of sucking your fingers.
The razors are a simple product to prepare that by themselves have an incredible flavor and texture. When combined with a creamy and intense tomato sauce, we will have a dish with which to surprise our own and enjoy, in a simple way, the wonderful products of the sea.
Deburr the razors before cooking
- It is essential to remove the sand that the razors bring well so that it is not bothersome and does not spoil the recipe.
- We must place the razors in a round container like a plastic bottle or rounded tupper. And we put them as if they were pencils.
- Fill with salted water and leave them like this for a couple of hours. In this way they will release the sand in a faster way and all concentrated in the bottom of the container.
- We remove the razors and drain them on absorbent paper or a cotton kitchen towel. Until a little water is removed and we reserve.
Preparation of the razor clams in tomato sauce
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil. Add the onion, green pepper and one of the garlic cloves, cut into cubes.
- When the vegetables are very soft, after about 15 or 20 minutes, add the peeled and chopped tomato. Cook the sauce over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for about 30 minutes. In the middle of cooking add the salt and sugar.
- Once we have the sauce ready we pass it through the mixer or the Chinese and reserve.
- In a frying pan, brown the other garlic clove cut into sheets. Add the drained razor clams and cook for about 6 or 7 minutes.
- The blades will come loose from their shells. We reserve the shell and place the meat in the tomato sauce pan.
- We cook the razors with the sauce for 3 or 4 minutes. We serve them by placing them in their chonca and watering with part of the sauce.
- The razor clams in tomato sauce are a different way to enjoy such Galician seafood. They are perfect both as an aperitif and as a starter for a luxurious table.
If we accompany them with a good Galician wine and a piece of quality bread we will have a simple and cheap delicacy at our table. A whole plate of yummy.
This seafood recipe is also suitable for a special dinner with your partner or family. On certain dates or simply because. Do not miss the step by step of these razors in sauce in the next album.