- 4 white beets or the color of your choice, clean and without skin
- 4 clean and disinfected split lettuce hearts
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 4 tbsp. Of olive oil
- 4 sprigs of thyme
- Ground oregano to taste
- For the balsamic dressing
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup standard sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sprig of marjoram
- Place the whole beets on a piece of aluminum foil individually, that is to say 4 packets, season with salt, pepper, a sprig of thyme and a few drops of olive oil. Close very well and reserve.
- Heat the electric oven to 200 ° C for 5 minutes. Place the beets in the oven and cook for about 35 minutes or until they are perfectly cooked and turn a light golden color.
- Remove the beets from the oven and allow them to rest for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the balsamic vinegar, sugar, bay leaf and marjoram in a pot, allow it to boil until the mixture becomes thick and has the consistency of honey. Reservation.
- To serve, place two or 3 lettuce heart halves per plate, serve with the quartered beets, accompany with the balsamic dressing and crumbled goat cheese. You can enrich the salad with croutons, more vegetables, or some sprouts.
Salads are great, because they give us the opportunity to mix different foods and flavors that captivate our palate. And this roasted beet salad is no exception, it will become your favorite!
BEET BENEFITS THAT YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE
- Thanks to its low glycemic index, beets help keep blood sugar levels low and controlled, it also has very few calories and is fat-free.
- The betaine it has protects cells, proteins and enzymes from stress, not only that, it also helps to detoxify your body and improve digestion.Not only that, the substance also stimulates the function of liver cells, so it protects you of liver diseases.
- Being considered a vegetable with a high content of soluble fiber. beets help to improve intestinal flow, since it acts as a natural laxative, regulating the intestinal movement; Furthermore, it also serves as a cleanser and detoxifier for the body.
- Beet leaves and juice are rich in lutein and zeaxanthin, two carotenoids that take care of your retina.
- Due to the naturally occurring nitrates contained in beet juice, which are converted into nitric acid, it has the power to relax and dilate blood vessels, thus improving blood flow and reducing blood pressure.
- In a study carried out by Howard University in Washington DC, it found that the betacyanin it has prevents the formation of cancerous tumors and eliminates all harmful toxins from your body, it also serves to slow down the growth of tumors in patients with breast cancer and prostate.
We share a couple of salad recipe videos to inspire you in cooking. Choose your favorite and prepare it!