- 40 minutes
- For 4 people
- € 2 / person
- 290kcal per 100g.
- · ·
How to make chicken and spinach nuggets .
A recipe with chicken so that those antiverdura children eat these nuggets without question. Even that it becomes one of your favorite recipes.
These chicken nuggets I assure you that they fly, they are snacks that are very successful among the little ones at home, and also those that are not so children. Who gets excited about this recipe for homemade chicken nuggets ?
Nuggets made with totally natural ingredients, juicy on the inside and crispy on the outside, I am sure you will love them. I am the number one fan of this type of recipe, most are very simple and especially cheap.
Fruits and vegetables are very important for the growth of the little ones, they provide vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, fiber and other essential nutrients in the diet of our children. The problem comes when children don’t want to eat vegetables. When at lunchtime it becomes a real hell for them and for ourselves.
In this case we propose a perfect recipe to ensure that the most reluctant children to eat vegetables do not leave anything on the plate. You can tune this recipe with other vegetables, they will be just as good with chard, grated carrot or broccoli.
Even if you do not want them to go through the fryer, you have the opportunity to make them in the oven, removing part of the fats that the oil incorporates, even if it is extra virgin olive oil.
As an alternative to chicken, we can use any other type of meat, fish and even vegetables, being able to prepare nuggets with cooked vegetables, seasoned and worked in the same way, battered and fried. I hope you like them.
Cleaning the chicken and spinach. Preparing the dough for the nuggets
- We wash the spinach and blanch (cook) in hot water for 10 minutes. We drain well, we must try to have as little liquid as possible. I pass them through a strainer and press with a fork until no water comes out. Finely chop and reserve.
- We clean the breasts of possible traces of fat and veins that they may have and cut them into pieces of about 2 cm.
- We pass the chicken pieces through a mincer until they are completely undone and form a paste.
- Mix the chicken with the cream cheese, salt and spinach, until it is well integrated. With the hand we make small portions with this dough.
- We are going to bread our nuggets, in this case the classic batter, passing them by flour, egg and breadcrumbs.
- The flour helps the egg adhere better to the meat, and the egg acts as a glue to fix the breadcrumbs to the nugget.
- There are those who give one cape and there are those who prefer to use two. It is best to coat in a single layer so that the nugget wrap is not too thick. Thus they are lighter and absorb less oil in frying.
Frying and final presentation of chicken nuggets
- To get more crispy nuggets, we can use crisp breadcrumbs that are sold in any supermarket or large area, better than breadcrumbs.
- For frying we are interested in oils with a high smoke point and that are soft so as not to add too much flavor to the chicken.
- These oils will allow us to fry at a high temperature, which will provide us with a crispy breading after a short frying process. This way we will make the interior juicier.
- When we have all the nuggets ready we heat plenty of oil in a frying pan or our deep fryer. We fry them in small batches.
- We fry at medium temperature so as not to excessively lower the temperature of the oil. It is important that the oil is not very hot when frying them. This way we avoid that they are very toasted on the outside and raw on the inside.
- We remove to a tray with kitchen paper to absorb the excess oil.
We serve accompanied by the sauce that we like the most. You will see how you prepare them several times at home, they are delicious.
If you still do not have it clear, I leave you a step by step in photos of this recipe of these chicken and spinach nuggets so that they come out yes or yes. Do not hesitate, follow these photos.
Bake possibility of chicken nuggets
- Preheat to 200 ° C. After passing the nuggets through the egg and breadcrumbs, place them on baking paper or vegetable paper.
- Bake for 15 minutes with heat up and down (with air) in the middle tray. We can turn half of the baking so that they are equally golden on both sides.
- These chicken bites are healthier than fried, although they will be a little drier, they are not as juicy as fried. But they will also be very low in calories!