- 2 grapefruit slices
- 1 beet
- 1/4 of goat cheese
- Olive oil to taste
- Mint leaves
- Place the grapefruit slices in a salad bowl or spread plate.
- Boil the beets and, when cooked, cut them into wedges and place them on top of the grapefruit slices.
- Add the goat cheese and season with olive oil.
- Finish by decorating with the mint leaves.
We are already in the cold season, and food is key to taking care of our health to avoid colds and other respiratory diseases. That is why we want to propose to you this citrus salad with beets, very healthy and delicious.
BENEFITS OF EATING GRAPEFRUIT
- It is mainly composed of vitamin C, B2, B3, potassium, calcium, iron, phosphorus, magnesium, minerals, beta-carotenes; more than 90% of this fruit is water, it is rich in fiber and low in sodium.
- The carotenoid content will be higher the darker the red color of the pulp
- Because it contains antioxidants, it has a preventive function in cardiovascular diseases
- Grapefruit lowers blood pressure and can help prevent colon cancer
- Accelerates lipolysis thanks to its high percentage of water and fiber, a metabolic process in which the body’s fats are transformed to meet energy needs. Therefore, it is used in weight reduction programs.
- Help take care of your sense of sight. It also strengthens your immune system
- Facilitates the digestion process due to its contribution of malic acid
- Helps slow premature aging by increasing collagen production
- Stimulates hair growth and keeps it hydrated
- Although it helps the skin and hair to be soft and healthy, it is better to eat grapefruit than to apply it as a mask, since the benefits are minimal, and you even run the risk that if you expose yourself to the sun you could have skin burns .
We share a couple of salad recipe videos to inspire you in cooking. Choose your favorite and prepare it!