- 40 minutes
- For 4 people
- € 2 / person
- 245kcal per 100g.
Zucchini recipe stuffed with mussels.
In addition to using it in countless dishes, zucchini is also a great ally of recipes with fish , to cook it in the oven, with the filling that we most like.
On the blog you can find dishes in this style: zucchini stuffed with ratatouille and chicken fillets, and zucchini stuffed with meat , although they admit all kinds of fillings.
Zucchini is a vegetable with a high composition of water, up to 95%, so its contribution of calories is minimal (15 calories per 100 gr.).
It works great for lightening dishes, making them healthier, and as a finger ring for your diets. At the time of purchase, choose the ones that are firm to the touch, compact, and note that they are heavy with respect to their size. Also discard those that you see deteriorated, with blows or stains.
For this recipe for stuffed zucchini we need zucchini that have a good diameter, since we are going to cut them widthwise, and use some cylinders to fill them. A medium one for 2 servings or a large one for 4 servings.
This time I have chosen a sea-flavored filling, with my beloved Galician mussels as protagonists. Almost 100% of those consumed in Spain come from the Galician estuaries, and are always a guarantee of quality. You will recognize them by the “ Mexillón de Galicia ” brand , with a protected designation of origin.
With a vegetable sauce and a cream with cream, we have a tasty filling for our zucchini stuffed with mussels . You are going to love it for sure. At home they have not left anything on the plate, so they are sure to be “yummy”.
Preparation of the mussels
- We check and discard damaged or broken mussels. We wash them under the tap and remove the chins.
- In a large pot, with a little water in the bottom, add the mussels along with a bay leaf. We put on high heat and cook 3-4 minutes, so that they open.
- We remove and let it temper. Do not throw away the cooking water. We remove the mussels from the shells and reserve for later, when we add them to the filling.
Preparation of zucchini stuffed with mussels
- We cut the ends of the zucchini, and we are left with the thickest parts. We cut them into wide slices, obtaining at least 4, one for each diner.
- We empty them with a knife and reserve the removed meat (for the filling). In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil and cook the zucchini for 10 min.
- We salt to taste. We carefully remove and reserve.
- Chop the vegetables in “brunoise” (small cubes) and poach in a pan with extra virgin olive oil. When they are soft, after 10 min., Add the chopped mussels. We mix and continue cooking.
- Finally, pour the liquid cream, mixing well. We cook over medium heat 5 minutes, so that the sauce thickens. We want to achieve a smooth and homogeneous texture.
- We place the zucchini cylinders in a baking dish. We fill them with the cream of mussels and vegetables, to the brim.
- Finally, gratin (grill function) in the oven for 4-5 minutes, to give the final touch to the dish. We serve hot on the table.
To enjoy these delicious stuffed zucchini. I hope you dare to prepare them, I hope your photos!
If you still do not have it clear, I leave you a step by step in photos of this recipe for zucchini stuffed with mussels so that they come out yes or yes.