- 25 minutes
- For 4 people
- 0.7 € / person
- 287kcal per 100g.
How to make Spanish stuffed eggs .
It seems that recipes with stuffed eggs really like it, so your wishes are orders and we are back with this recipe.
A very simple preparation, perfect to get out of trouble and create an “off-road” dish. At home we have already adopted it, and the first use has been the “tupper” to take to work. In the same way, it goes from pearls to picnic or in the handy recipes that we take to the beach in the lunch box.
I have known this recipe thanks to some good friends from Madrid, who have always prepared it for her mother, and I immediately thought of making it at home. In practice, these are eggs stuffed with meat, ham and tomato. Basic ingredients, with which in less than half an hour, we have a delicious snack ready.
If you make the recipe in advance, store them in the refrigerator, and cover them with a transparent film. You can also reserve them in a “tupper”. In this way they will be kept in good condition, and will not catch possible odors from other foods.
These Castilian eggs can be tasted hot, warm or cold, depending on your tastes or the time of day. They fit as an appetizer or a starter. And I do not forget another great quality of this dish, it is very economical. I hope you like them, they are delicious!
- We start by cooking the eggs. We put them in boiling water for 10 minutes.
- Finished the time, we place them in a bowl with cold water. We want them to cool faster, and then the task of peeling them will be easier. When they are at a “manageable” temperature, pulling cold, we peel them.
- Then we cut them into halves and reserve. Here we have two options: remove the yolks, then use them together with the filling, or simply leave them.
Preparation of the filling and final presentation of the eggs to the Castilian
- We go with the filling. We wash the onion and tomatoes. We peel them and cut both into “brunoise”.
- In a frying pan, add a sheet of extra virgin olive oil. Heat and fry the onion over medium heat. At the minute we add the ham taquitos.
- Now we add the minced meat, which we help with a wooden spoon so that it dissolves. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- After about 5 minutes, add the tomato (in small cubes), mix everything, and let cook 15 minutes over medium heat.
- It is the moment to add the flour plus the paprika from La Vera. Mix well and let cook for a couple of minutes, so that the filling gets flavor.
- We lower the heat, let it cook another 5 minutes, and we will have our filling ready “a la castellana”. When adding them to the eggs, we cover the halves directly with a little filling and we reserve.
- If we choose to remove the yolks, we carefully remove them, chop them and add to the rest of the ingredients. Once everything together, we proceed to fill the white halves equally.
As I said, you can eat them freshly made or let them temper for a while, this according to taste. Simple, fast and very successful recipe. Who asks for more?
You can see all the photos of the step by step in the next album .
Tips for some Spanish Castilian Eggs
- Eggs are the most important ingredient in the recipe, so I recommend using good quality ones. Organic or free-range ones are usually a guarantee of quality. If you can have eggs from home it would be perfect, but hey, this is not always possible.
- If we have enough left over, we can convert them and take advantage of them in a harvesting recipe. For example, we chop them and use them for a sauce, to accompany a pasta or rice. Reserve them in the fridge and they will be left for a cold dinner or a snack at snack time.