- 12 minutes
- For 6 people
- 0.2 € / person
- 280kcal per 100g.
How to make crispy batters with Orly pasta . Today’s is a recipe that takes me back to the past.
Surely many of you remember the famous gabardine shrimp so popular in the eighties and nineties. Today I bring you the recipe of that famous crunchy and tasty batter that surrounded the prawns in any party that was appreciated. Today we are going to make orly pasta .
Although there are many types of batter, from the simplest based on flour and eggs, to the most complex, such as making a perfect tempura , today is undoubtedly one of the most classic.
To use the orly pasta I have battered a little vegetables that I previously boiled for 5 minutes. The batter surrounds each bite with a crispy layer that makes this dish one of our favorite snacking dinners.
I advise you to accompany your batters with your favorite sauce, a cheese sauce , the famous Tzatziki , a delicious romesco sauce , the simple pink sauce or a traditional aioli . You can see on the blog some other recipe, for example these prawns with raincoat , also yummy.
It is a very simple recipe, without secret ingredients or difficult processes, perfect to give flavor and texture to endless dishes.
Preparing the orly batter to batter
- In a bowl we sift the flour and add a pinch of salt. We incorporate the beer little by little, as we integrate it with the flour. Stir until you get a smooth and smooth mixture.
- Add the sunflower oil and mix well. We must have a thick and smooth cream. We cover the bowl with transparent paper and keep it in the fridge for no less than 1 hour.
- Once the pasta has rested and we have prepared the ingredients that we intend to coat, we heat plenty of oil to fry.
Fry the vegetables. Final presentation
- On this occasion I have decided to prepare some battered vegetables as an appetizer that I will accompany with a homemade curry sauce.
- Once I have the vegetables cleaned and chopped I cook them for 5 minutes to soften them slightly.
- We bathe the vegetables in the orly leg and, draining them as little as possible, immerse them in the hot oil.
- We fry the vegetables on both sides, regulating the temperature of the oil to prevent them from toasting too much.
- Remove with a slotted spoon to a tray with kitchen paper to adsorb the excess oil.
We serve the vegetable sticks accompanied by the sauce. The crispy batter with the orly pasta, dipped in our favorite sauce, will make us enjoy an appetizer or a delicious dinner.
You can see all the photos of the step by step in the recipe for battered vegetables in orly pasta . Do not lose detail and they will be perfect.
Tips for an Orly yummy paste. Perfect frying
- What differentiates orly pasta from other batter doughs is that it uses yeast as a rising element. This yeast can come in its most classic form, fresh yeast or use some of its variants to aerate the resulting dough, I mean the use of beer as a fundamental ingredient.
- The gas from the beer gives fluff to the dough, in addition to adding flavor to the final result. We will have as a result a crispy and flavored shirt that will protect the juiciness of the ingredients that we have decided to coat.
- Sometimes we can find recipes for orly pasta in which sparkling water is used instead of beer, or even chemical yeast.
- It is also common to add eggs to the mixture, but the reality is that the simplest recipe does not have as ingredients more than beer, flour, a pinch of salt and a splash of oil.