- 60 minutes
- For 4 people
- € 3 / person
- 252kcal per 100g.
How to make some cod meatballs in green sauce.
This recipe with fish is one of the most famous dishes in the kitchens of southern Spain and also in that of the Valencian Community.
We owe it to the Arabs to enjoy one of our most classic dishes, meatballs .
These fish balls are perfect for children at home to eat fish without protest, they are very juicy, they almost melt in the mouth. On other occasions I have presented you with salmon burgers , salmon and prawns or tasty mackerel , fish dishes that are a hit with children.
An ideal recipe for these holidays or for the season of Lent and Easter, in which, whether or not the vigil is kept, it seems that these dishes especially appeal.
In any case, you can prepare these meatballs at any time of the year, you will surely enjoy them in the same way.
For this dish I was inspired by hake in green sauce , as an accompaniment to our fish meatballs, a sauce that goes perfectly, a green sauce.
Like the cocochas that we have on the blog, with abundant parsley and a good fish broth, I assure you that it is an ideal luxury dish for any dinner in which you want to be as kings, it is a delicious recipe.
Preparation of the cod meatballs
- Chop the cod flakes a little, they do not have to be very crumbled. Just enough to show bits of the fish on the meatballs.
- If your children like a more uniform texture, you can chop them a lot and they will only notice the flavor, not the fish. I like it more in the style of Casa Labra in Madrid, with small pieces of cod in the batter.
- We chop the hard bread and soak it with the milk and white wine.
- Add the cod, the eggs, 4 or 5 finely cut parsley sprigs, salt and the hard bread that we have to soak drained to the bowl.
- We drain the bread well before incorporating it into the mixture since if we add too much liquid it will be very loose. This will make the job of forming the meatballs complicated.
- Mix well all the ingredients of the meatball dough. We form balls with the hands that we are reserving in a source.
- If we see that the dough is too liquid we can add a little breadcrumbs to compact it and make the balls. We flour the meatballs and reserve until frying.
Preparation of the sauce and final presentation of the meatballs
- To prepare the sauce, cut the garlic and onion into small pieces, the smaller the better.
- In a wide saucepan, heat 4 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the chopped onion and garlic. Fry over medium heat until the onion is almost transparent.
- Add more finely chopped fresh parsley, the remaining wine and salt to taste. Let cook until the alcohol evaporates for about 5 minutes.
- Pour the fish stock into the casserole and cook for 15 more minutes.
- While preparing the sauce, fry the meatballs that we have reserved in a pan with plenty of oil. We leave them 4 minutes on each side, until they are golden. We remove to a tray with kitchen paper to remove excess oil.
- We incorporate the meatballs into the saucepan where we are preparing the sauce. Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes to soak in the sauce and remove from the heat.
We serve the meatballs very hot. Accompany this dish with some fried potatoes, another alternative is to make a white rice as a garnish.
White rice is perfect to mix with the meatball sauce and without realizing it you have made a great dinner.
Pasta or cooked potatoes or mashed potatoes are also very good for you , in any form they will be delicious! Enjoy!
Be sure to enjoy all the recipes with fish that we have on the blog. You can see all the photos of the step by step in the next album.