- 25 minutes
- For 4 people
- 2.5 € / person
How to make some spinach with shrimp. Do you like spinach? What about your young children? If the answer is, you may not think that you are not going to like this recipe. But do not trust because with this preparation the flavor of the spinach becomes sweet and you can get to eat various dishes.
This vegetable recipe that I present today is a success at home for many years. This dish is associated with very good memories, when I cook it I think of the Festas do monte ou a Festa do viño in A Guarda (Pontevedra) very close to Tuy and that I recommend 100%, as always something worthwhile. For several summers I went to these parties with the friend Moncho and his mother, Rosa , a great cook, who prepared this dish for us among many others.
I leave you with a very summery recipe, full of vitamins and extremely healthy. A great way for your children to eat vegetables.
We prepare the prawns, prawns or prawns
- For this recipe you can choose the ones you like the most, I recommend the prawns although I have used some prawns that I had in the freezer. Whether they are one or the other, we thawed them in the fridge the night before. We peel them, remove the head and the shell that protects them.
- We put a wide saucepan to cook pasta with very hot water and two bay leaves and add heads and shell of the prawns to cook over medium heat for ten minutes. We strain this seafood water that we have improvised and we reserve it for future recipes, here everything is used, with this broth you can make some rices that remove the hiccups, soups or impressive fish sauces, the best thing is to freeze it.
- Once we have the peeled prawns or prawns we remove the intestine (the black thread that has in the center) and reserve them.
Preparation of spinach with prawns
- Once we have the prawns prepared, we chop the garlic cloves and the onions very well and fry over medium heat with a splash of extra virgin olive oil. Without letting them burn us, add the tails of the prawns or prawns and the salt. We remove from the fire so that they do not pass us too much.
- Meanwhile, blanch boiling spinach in water. My recommendation is that they be fresh, I scald them seen and unseen … 2 minutes maximum. If they are frozen, you should defrost them and add them in step 4. Drain them well and reserve.
- We put the prawns back on the fire, and add the homemade fried tomato sauce , if you do not have the good, which you do, choose a quality brand because it is important for the flavor of the recipe.
- The tomato sauce must be added in sufficient quantity so that in the end the texture is adequate, there is plenty of sauce but it is not a soup.
- Leave on medium heat for 3-4 minutes to reduce the water a little.
- Add the spinach and cook over low heat for 5 minutes, ready to serve very warm. It will be delicious!
Be sure to enjoy all the recipes for fish and seafood that we have on the blog. I assure you that you will find a lot of ideas to make yours much happier.