- 1 tablespoon of achiote
- 2 cups of pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon of cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 kg of solid pork
- 6 guajillo chiles soaked
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 red onion filleted
- 2 habanero peppers
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 2 lemons squeezed
- Mix the red onion with the habanero, lemon and vinegar and refrigerate.
- Blend the achiote, pineapple juice, cumin, guajillo and garlic. Pour over the meat and marinade for at least 1 hour. Transfer to a pressure cooker and cook for an hour over medium / high heat with the bay leaf and one more cup of water.
- Shred the meat with the help of two forks and serve in tacos. Accompany with the onions with habanero.
What are you going to eat today? Follow our recipe for cochinita pibil express pot so that you can cook it at home in an easier and more practical way. Decide to do it and check once and for all what you need.
3 IMPORTANT THINGS THAT EVERY LOVER OF COCHINITA PIBIL HAS TO KNOW
- This dish is originally from the state of Yucatán. Its key ingredients are pork and achiote.
- It arises in pre-Hispanic times where it used to be cooked on November 2 during the meal of the souls or “Hanal Pixan”.
- Before colonial times, venison, peccary, pheasant or wild turkey meat was used to prepare cochinita pibil.
Do not forget to share this delicious recipe with your mother or best friend so that they can also learn to cook this traditional dish of Yucatecan cuisine. Enjoy!