- 60 minutes
- For 8 people
- € 0.9 / person
- 302kcal per 100g.
How to prepare some cinnamon rolls .
Today I woke up wanting to prepare a sweet recipe , so remembering my pending subjects a dessert that I love.
Today’s dessert surely sounds like you, the Cinnamon rolls or cinnamon rolls that I already tried last year in New York. A sweet that triumphs in the Scandinavian countries and the USA. In New York I had the opportunity to enjoy these buns with an intense cinnamon flavor , and the truth is that I loved them.
There is no self-respecting shopping center that does not have among its establishments one, or more, where to find these popular cakes of the United States pastry. Perhaps they are already as famous as the chocolate brownie or their delicious Apple Pie .
It is a sweet and aromatic taste that got me hooked, so that, despite not being anything light, butter is one of its star ingredients, it is almost impossible to be restrained and take only one.
A simple spiral cinnamon bun filled with butter, cinnamon, and sugar with a simply delicious frosting finish. In many cases raisins are added, but they are not necessary to appreciate the flavor and texture of this cake. What are you waiting for? To the kitchen immediately.
Preparation of the dough for cinnamon rolls
- We mix all the ingredients for the dough in the same bowl. That is, the flour, 20 grams of crumbled baker’s yeast (or 7 of dry yeast), 50 ml. of warm water, 100 ml. of warm milk, 50 grams of melted butter, vanilla, 1 egg and a pinch of salt.
- We knead all the ingredients vigorously for 10 or 15 minutes. Let the dough ball rest in a greased bowl and cover with transparent film.
- Let it rest until it doubles its volume for 1 hour 30 minutes.
- If we want to ensure the process, our kitchen is not always at an ideal temperature for the yeasts to work. We can turn the oven on for 1 or 2 minutes at 50º C and turn off and let the dough rest inside. Thus we will have the ideal room temperature for the dough to ferment.
- We stretch the dough on a floured surface forming a rectangle. Follow the step by step in the photo, so you will not get lost at any time.
- With a kitchen brush, spread the softened butter and sprinkle with the cinnamon powder mixture and the 30 g. of sugar.
Rolling of the dough. Baking and final presentation of cinnamon rolls
- We roll the pasta sheet and cut into 10 parts. We place each part vertically on a high tray greased with butter and cover with plastic wrap. Let the dough rest again for 1 hour 30 minutes until they grow again.
- We preheat the oven to 200º C.
- Bake at 200º C with heat up and down the cinnamon rolls for 20 minutes, until they are well browned.
- While our bites are baking we prepare the glaze mixing all the ingredients. We remove the tray from the oven and spread the glaze on top.
We preferably serve hot and with a good cup of tea, chocolate or coffee. Perfect for a snack or breakfast.
You can see in this step by step how to prepare this recipe for cinnamon rolls and that it comes out perfect.
Curiosities and tips for some delicious cinnamon rolls
- I do not think it is necessary to continue talking about this delicious dessert, a little laborious (1 hour + 3 hours of rest) but it is absolutely worth it.
- As a final recommendation, when eating only one, to appreciate the flavor and texture of this bun as it deserves we have to take it hot. So we can say that it is delicious.
- Its origin is around the 1920s when these buns began to be prepared at home. Of course, wealthy houses economically speaking due to the cost of ingredients. In any case, from there they began to become popular until today. Now they are an important part of the pastry gastronomic repertoire of the United States and some countries in Northern Europe.
- So much so that in Sweden they have a special day for this bun, every October 4th the “ National Cinnamon Roll Day ” is celebrated .
- Despite what we might think, it is believed that its origin is not in the USA but in Sweden. Where they prepare a cake called kanelbulle , which with slight differences is very similar to cinnamon rolls .
- We can prepare these buns as individual cakes or as a large cake from many cinnamon rolls , which is what I have prepared today. The difference lies only in the baking time, if we make them loose with 12 minutes of oven it will be enough, if they are baked together they will take a few more minutes.
- As for the glaze, we can make the simplest, just sugar or prepare a cheese fronting . In Sweden it is usually crowned with chocolate, or sugar pearls, while in the United States the most popular is sugar glaze.