- 30 minutes
- For 8 people
- € 1.5 / person
- 325kcal per 100g.
How to make a tiramisu with chocolate cream and hazelnuts.
Although in recent years it is possible to find a multitude of dessert recipes with chocolate, perhaps this is one of the triumphs on this Christmas season.
If you like our Italian tiramisu and you are passionate about chocolate, I am sure you will like today’s sweet proposal. We are going to prepare a perfect dessert to prepare in advance and enjoy Christmas food with your family. It is important to do it before so that the flavors settle and make it a triumph at the table.
I am already testing the Roscón de Reyes for the Christmas meal , although today we have tried this tiramisu decorated with chocolate cream and hazelnuts and it has been a complete success.
The good thing about testing is that if you like the dessert a lot, you can taste it a few times until it is exact. Perfect to prepare with the little ones at home. This tiramisu is an adaptation of the traditional tiramisu that you can find on the blog.
I am sure that at home you can enjoy preparing this dessert with your family.
Preparation of infused milk for pastry cream
- We start with the vanilla bean. We cut it lengthwise, open it and remove the seeds inside with a knife.
- From the milk, we separate 150 ml. in a cup. Even if you want it to be a little tastier. You can add a touch of cream, with a splash is enough. The rest we put to heat in a saucepan, over medium heat. When it is about to boil, but it does not get to do it, remove from the heat. Add the vanilla and leave to infuse for about 30 minutes, with the saucepan covered.
- While infusing the milk we are going to mix the starch or corn flour. We dissolve it in the milk cup, stirring well, so that there are no lumps. We reserve.
Preparation of the pastry cream
- In a small saucepan, add the yolks of the eggs, a pinch of salt and gradually add the sugar. Stirring non-stop with rods so that it does not stick.
- Next we pour the milk with flour or cornstarch. We continue stirring, so that a very homogeneous and lump-free mixture is made.
- After the infused time. Add the milk to the saucepan, strain it and incidentally separate the vanilla. We are adding little by little and mixing at the same time.
- We put on medium-low heat (4 on a scale of 1 to 10) and begin to stir without stopping, little by little and without haste. At first it costs a little but then we will check how the cream is taking texture and thickening.
- We continue stirring and suddenly, when it reaches the ideal temperature. You will notice how thick and smooth any recognizable pastry cream gets.
- Remove from the heat and transfer the cream to a bowl or glass jar, so it will not take any flavor from the container. Let it temper and then reserve covered with a transparent film, in the fridge, until it is time to continue with the tiramisu.
Preparation of whipped cream and mascarpone cream
- We start assembling the cream or milk cream. We are going to need 300 ml of cream or milk cream to assemble. In other words, it has a high fat content, 35.1% MG. I use the mixer with the electric rods accessory, it is more comfortable than with manual rods, although it can be done with both. We use a large bowl, if it is cold much better, this is very important.
- Like the cream or milk cream that must come out of the fridge, why cold? The cream is fat and if it gets hot it loses consistency, if it is not cold it will be difficult for it to rise as we want, if it rises. The ideal temperature is around 10º C.
- Add the cold cream to the bowl and beat with 75 g of sugar until everything is mixed well. Everything should be slightly assembled, this process will take us 3-4 minutes, nothing more.
- Lightly beat the mascarpone cream with a splash of rum or Marsala. We mix with the whipped cream little by little without it coming down and everything is linked. We reserve.
Preparation of the chocolate cream tiramisu. Final assembly
- Gently mix the cold pastry cream with the mascarpone and cream mixture. We reserve in the fridge.
- The rest is a piece of cake, we put an Italian coffee maker with good coffee. The one that we like the most, and once prepared we let it cool. When we frighten the cakes with the coffee, they don’t have to release much liquid either.
- We put a layer of biscuits of soletilla and another of cream.
- We have 8 individual glasses or cups. We fill each one with a little of the cream that we have reserved, followed by a layer of sponge dipped in coffee and again another layer of cream.
- With the help of a pastry bag, we draw a Christmas tree with 120 g of Nutella® cream. We decorate with a golden pearl in the top of the tree.
- And the main thing, put it in the fridge to cool. I always leave it overnight.
You can see all the photos of the recipe for this chocolate and hazelnut cream tiramisu in the next album step by step. Do not miss any detail and it will be perfect.