- 30 minutes
- For 10 people
- € 0.3 / person
- 305kcal per 100g.
How to make chocolate muffins . With globalization, culinary speaking, we have at our fingertips preparations and dishes that previously we could only enjoy in their country of origin.
An example of this are all the dessert recipes that you will find on the blog, but today we are going to focus on one specific muffin.
Surely many of us who remember selling in a well-known American coffee shop chain come to mind, where in addition to sitting on a sofa we can accompany coffee with this sweet. I am referring to the chocolate muffins , which is what we have prepared today.
The American muffins would be the equivalent of our muffins . There are small differences between them and the classic chocolate muffins , not so much because of the type of ingredients, butter, flour, sugar are common, but in the proportions in which they are used. Perhaps the muffins have a slightly less sweet flavor and are prepared with a multitude of flavors, both sweet and salty, consumed, mainly for snacks and breakfasts.
Although the origin of this preparation is in England, where there are written references since 1703, we should not confuse English muffins with Americans.
English muffins are spongy muffins that are baked without a mold and that are consumed alone or as small sandwiches at tea time. A perfect recipe for unconditional chocolate lovers like me, since among its ingredients in addition to chocolate, is unsweetened cocoa, with which we get an intense flavor that, if it happens to you like me, I am sure you will love it.
Preparation of the chocolate muffins
- On the one hand we mix the solid ingredients, the flour, the cocoa, the yeast and the salt. We reserve. In a bowl we mix the whole milk with the juice of half a lemon. Let it rest for 15 minutes, so we will get a homemade buttermilk.
- We melt the butter in the microwave and reserve it. In a bowl we beat the eggs with the sugar. Mix well until creating a foamy cream. Add the melted butter and buttermilk. We mix well.
- We incorporate the dry ingredients and, with some rods, mix until integrated. It is not necessary that we work the mixture too much, it is only about integrating the solids with the liquids.
- With a knife we cut the 70% cocoa chocolate into small cubes. It does not matter if they are irregular or different sizes. Set aside ¼ of the chocolate and add the rest to the muffin dough. We remove to distribute them throughout the mass.
Baking and final presentation of the chocolate muffins
- We turn on the oven to preheat it to 190º C and while we fill the capsules with the mixture, always leaving 1/3 of the height free.
- We have to take into account that the dough will rise so it is necessary that we leave a free space, without filling.
- We distribute the chopped chocolate that we have separated over all the muffins and bake for 20 minutes at 190ºC with heat above and below and without a fan.
- Remove the muffin tray from the oven and place them on a rack until they cool completely.
- The perfect thing is that we take them freshly made. Once warm, the chocolate chips will be melted in each bite. Imagine these muffins accompanying a glass of milk can be a snack or a yummy breakfast.
If you have any left for the next day, don’t worry if they get a little rough. We can put them for 5 or 6 seconds in the micro and we will enjoy again with their flavor and texture.
You can see all the photos of the step by step of this homemade recipe in the next album.