- 60 minutes
- For 8 people
- 0.8 € / person
Brookies recipe. The hybrid pastry (mix of two dessert recipes ) seems to be a trend that never ceases to amaze us. First we heard about the “ cronuts ”, a mixture of croissant and donuts ; then the “ duffins ”, made of donuts and muffins ; and now the famous Brookies arrive . An elaboration that I have already seen on pinterest and in a gastronomic magazine that triumph in the US and is hitting hard in Spain. But what exactly is a Brookie ? Well, it is a cake, where the typical chocolate brownie and American cookie cookies are combined .
I know that everything is very Anglo-Saxon, but it is that this type of hybrid desserts come mostly from the United States. Specifically in New York, there are such a variety of pastry shops and dessert shops, that new developments in this field stop emerging. Logically, in a short time, they cross the puddle and we begin to see them in the windows of the odd pastry shop, store, cafe, etc. To say that this combination is forceful. The bottom is a chocolate brownie with nuts, and the top is a dough similar to cookie cookies, with chocolate chips. A piece of dessert to sweeten our breakfasts and after-meals.
The two things separately, you can find them on the blog, so seeing that they could be combined, I have not thought twice, and I have already prepared a delicious chocolate brookie a few times. Tested, failed and missing from the kitchen tray, a success of 2 recipes that already succeed in the yummy recipes and I’m sure the same will happen in your homes. It is an uncomplicated recipe. First the chocolate brownie with walnuts is prepared , we let it rest and we put it with the cookie dough. Add the latter to the brownie, put everything in the oven and that’s it. It only remains to wait a few minutes to enjoy a rich Brookie.
Preparation of the chocolate brookies
- We start with the chocolate brownie with walnuts. We line the mold with baking paper, we anoint it with a little butter. In a bowl, chop the chocolate and butter. We put it in the microwave, about 4 minutes at medium temperature, so that they melt. We remove and mix well with some rods, until it turns out to be a chocolate cream.
- Add the eggs and beat. Then the sugar and mix with the rods. Finally we incorporate the flour, previously sieved with a strainer. We continue mixing, and we will obtain a homogeneous mass. We pour it into the mold and reserve.
- Let’s go now with the cookie dough. Before starting, we preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- In a bowl, melt the butter in the microwave. A minute will suffice. Add the sugar. Mix with the rods.
- We put the yeast in the flour and mix. In the bowl, add the egg and then the flour (also sifted). We mix again with the rods. The final touch is to add the chocolate chips, which we must mix with the rest of the ingredients. A somewhat compact mass will result.
- We moisten our hands, and we take out pieces of the cookie dough, which we place on top of the brownie mixture. Little by little we will cover the entire surface.
- We place in the central tray and bake 25 minutes at 180º C. This time will also depend on the power of your oven. Take a look at half done and if you see that the cookie dough is toasted too much, place aluminum foil so that it does not get so hot.
- Remove from the oven and let cool to room temperature. When it is cold we cut it into portions and serve on a tray. A dessert that you will love, especially for chocolate lovers. You will tell me.
Once you try one of these brookies you will have to repeat with another piece… not to mention that I didn’t warn you. Consume them in moderation … or not? Be sure to enjoy all the yummy sweets in our dessert recipes . A temptation to succumb to, life is sweet!
You can see all the photos of the step by step of this recipe for chocolate brookies , do not miss any detail so that they come out perfect.