- 60 minutes
- For 10 people
- 0.8 € / person
- 314kcal per 100g.
How to make a chocolate and nougat cake
At home we have a weakness for two sweets, chocolate and nougat . You already know the passion that there is in my house for real chocolate, my recommendation is that it always has a minimum of 70% cocoa.
In addition, if you browse the blog you will find a lot of recipes with nougat , a Christmas classic that I use throughout the year (we always have a tablet in case you want a piece of this star dessert).
The mixture of both results in an impressive dessert: Xixona chocolate and nougat cake . I’ve already convinced you, right?
If you do a survey among all your friends about what are their 10 favorite desserts ? I’m sure all of them will include at least one recipe with chocolate .
And it is that chocolate always triumphs . The passion aroused by this ingredient is not only due to its delicious flavor, but also because it marries many others, with which it complements or contrasts.
For those who reach us with the photo I assure you that this dessert if you try it will become one of your favorites. Do you cheer up?
Preparation of the biscuit base
- We melt the butter using the microwave, this is faster, with 1 minute at maximum temperature is enough.
- With the mincer we crush the cookies. If you do not have a grinder, we put the cookies in a kitchen towel, wrap and crush them with a spoon or something heavy.
- In a bowl we mix the crushed cookies, the melted butter, the liqueur and the vanilla essence. We work the ingredients until we get a uniform mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the chosen mold and compact in such a way that the entire base is covered.
- We preheat the oven to 180º C and introduce this biscuit base for about 5 minutes so that it hardens. We reserve.
Preparation of chocolate cream
- We put the cream to heat in a saucepan over medium heat. When it is hot, without boiling, add the chopped chocolate.
- We leave over low heat to melt everything, stirring at all times with a wooden spoon.
- Beat the eggs with the sugar until you get a homogeneous and foamy mixture.
- When the chocolate and cream have melted, remove the saucepan from the heat and let it temper.
- In a bowl add the chocolate cream and the beaten egg with sugar. Mix well with a few rods.
Preparation of nougat cream
- Prepare the soft jijona nougat and break it by hand and then with a fork or with the knife into small pieces.
- We put the cream and the whole milk to heat in a large saucepan over medium low heat.
- When it is hot, without boiling, add the nougat. We leave over low heat to bring everything together helping us with a wooden spoon.
- When the cream is ready we remove it from the heat and let it temper.
- Add the eggs and beat everything until it is well integrated, let it rest out of the fire and then add when the chocolate cream is curdled in the oven.
Baking the chocolate and nougat cake
- Once we have the base baked and cold, we pour the chocolate cream on top. We must do it carefully so that the biscuit base does not break.
- With the oven previously heated to 200º C, we bake the cake for 15 minutes, heat up and down with air. At this point you will see that the chocolate layer begins to curdle.
- We remove the cake from the oven and pour the nougat cream, directly on top of the chocolate.
- We continue cooking the cake for another 25 minutes, until, when pricked with the tip of a knife, it comes out clean.
- Bake the cake covered with aluminum foil to avoid burning the surface. The last 10 minutes we remove the aluminum foil so that it acquires a beautiful golden color.
- Take the cake out of the oven and let it cool on a rack before unmolding it.
- We decorate our cake with ground sugar.
Unmold carefully, this cake earns a lot from one day to the next and at best it is cold.
Here you have a step by step in photos where I show how to prepare this recipe for this chocolate and nougat cake. Do not miss any detail so that they come out perfect.
Tips for a perfect chocolate and nougat cake
- For this cake we can place a baking paper on the base, spread it with butter or use a silicone or ceramic mold so that the cake does not stick. In all cases, it is advisable that it be unmouldable between 18-20 cm.
- A good option is to decorate the cake with more chocolate. One with 70% cocoa type coverage is perfect, but if you like it with less power you can use the typical milk chocolate tablet.
- For this we only have to chop the chocolate, the finer it is the better it will melt. Heat the chopped chocolate in a bain-marie over low heat, almost lukewarm, while stirring with the rods until we obtain a smooth and homogeneous cream.
- We remove from the fire and let it temper. If you don’t want to do it in a bain-marie, you can use the microwave, melting the chocolate in half-minute fractions so that it doesn’t reach a high temperature or it will burn us.
- Add the butter in the ointment and pour it over the chocolate, mixing well to integrate the two ingredients. We let it temper and put it in a pastry bag.