- 40 minutes
- For 10 people
- € 0.3 / person
- 305kcal per 100g.
How to make cookies with chips or chocolate chips .
The classic chocolate chip cookies are not just some chocolate cookies , they are the quintessential chocolate cookies in the United States.
It is a chocolate cookie that has a must-have ingredients, some chips or pieces of chocolate that are added to your whole dough and baked with it without melting.
On the blog you can find the cookies with white chocolate , which are also delicious, so you can choose between this or the other recipe.
It seems that the inventor of these cookies was Ruth Graves Wakefield. Being the owner of a tourist hostel where meals were given, around 1924, she baked some chocolate cookies in which she replaced cocoa powder with chocolate chip.
Whether casually or intentionally, including these chocolate dots in the recipe was a before and after in his life. Nestlés bought him the recipe and marketed it under the name of Toll Housse.
From this moment on, they become one of the classic sweets in the United States, which could both be bought and prepared at home, since the recipe explained in each of the cookie packages.
It is a simple recipe in which the only thing to keep in mind is that it combines brown sugar with white sugar and that it uses bicarbonate as a gasifier, in addition to, of course, including the obligatory chocolate chip.
Cookie recipes are, for sure, the simplest in baking, so you have no excuse not to prepare genuine chocolate chip cookies at home .
Preparing the chocolate chip cookies
- In a bowl we mix the flour with the bicarbonate, the salt and the cornstarch. We reserve.
- In another large bowl, beat the butter, which must have a pomade texture, very soft, for 1 or 2 minutes, until a cream is formed.
- Add the two types of sugar and continue beating for 3 or 4 more minutes. Then we add the egg and the vanilla extract and incorporate the rest of the ingredients.
- Add the flour and mix until you have a homogeneous mass. Finally we add the chocolate chips and integrate them with the dough so that they are well distributed.
- We wrap the dough in transparent paper and keep it in the fridge for 1 hour so that it acquires some consistency. It is so that it acquires a certain consistency since it is a rather soft dough.
Baking the cookies. Final presentation
- We remove the dough from the fridge and form balls the size of a walnut and we place them on a vegetable paper in the oven tray.
- We have to take into account that the dough is going to grow a lot, so it is necessary to leave the balls well separated from each other so that they do not stick to us during baking.
- With the oven previously heated to 180º C, we bake for 14-15 minutes with heat up and down. Remember that each oven is a world, it is an approximate time.
- We remove the cookies once baked, and let them cool on a rack. We must take into account that the dough will be soft when it comes out of the oven. As they cool, they will harden.
These cookies will delight both children and adults, they are super crispy and very tasty. Perfect to prepare and enjoy with children, at any time of the day.
If you still do not have it clear, I leave you a step by step in photos of this recipe for cookies with chocolate chips . Do not miss any detail and they will be perfect.