- 20 minutes
- For 4 people
- € 2 / person
- 290kcal per 100g.
How to make soy sauce chicken .
One of the recipes that has triumphed the most at the dinner we make with friends on the 2nd Saturday of the month is this chicken with an exotic touch that soy sauce gives it .
The idea in this recipe is to mix savory flavors with sweets to obtain an always different fusion that can surprise your guests. A good option to eat chicken with flavors out of the ordinary and different.
This part of the chicken breast is a classic in our chicken recipes , we usually prepare it on the grill or as in this case with this crispy batter, almost as if they were chicken fingers .
In both ways it is very rich, it does not stay dry as is usually thought with this type of meat. An original dish reminiscent of food and an incredible crisp thanks to our batter and a touch of soy sauce .
You can prepare this part of the chicken to make a special recipe, for a dinner with friends, your partner or family.
Although being so inexpensive you can use it in your kitchen on a daily basis, how you can see the recipe is not particularly complicated nor will it take much time.
Preparation of the marinated chicken breast
- We remove the chicken fillets from the container (it is a cut of the chicken breast), we clean them and dry very well. They should breathe for at least 5 minutes before cooking.
- We reserve in an airtight container in which we are going to add the soy sauce and sugar.
- Let it rest for 10-15 minutes, remove the sirloins from the sauce and dry them.
- We separate the whites from the yolks (we save the latter for another recipe) and lightly beat the whites with a fork.
- They will be the ones that help us fix the crispy breadcrumbs, panko or cornmeal.
Sealed, battered and fried chicken fillets
- We pass the tenderloins macerated by the egg white and then by the panko or the crispy breadcrumbs.
- In a frying pan we add sunflower oil to fry the sirloins, the frying oil must be very hot.
- The time will be about 4 minutes over high heat on each side, just enough time for the meat to be done inside, it can vary according to the thickness of the sirloins.
- It is necessary to play with the temperature of the fire to achieve the desired crispness and that the chicken is made inside, in our case we kept the medium-high temperature.
- We remove and serve with the soy sauce that we are going to prepare while the sirloins have rested in step 1.
Preparation of aromatic soy sauce
- This time we are going to accompany our chicken fillets with a very aromatic soy sauce. We only need a glass jar, where we will mix all the ingredients.
- Pour the naturally fermented Kikkoman soy sauce into the pot and grate the skin of an orange.
- Peel the garlic cloves and remove the center, the part of the stem, chop very finely or crush it so that it goes well with the sauce. Grate the fresh ginger and put it in the pot.
- Pour the sesame oil and the apple cider vinegar, close the jar and mix very well. We shake the content of it very well. We reserve.
Assembly and final presentation of the chicken with soy
- The crispy touch will be given by the leek, just a little bit, but it will add flavor, texture and aroma to the sauce. We are going to use about 80 grams.
- We remove the bottom or root, where it has that kind of “whiskers”. Do not throw away the excess part, you can take advantage of the leaves to add them to a vegetable broth and the stem in a sauce.
- We pass the leek under water under the tap to clean them and remove any dirt or dirt that they bring.
- We cut it lengthwise into two halves and then chop them into very small pieces and add them to the sauce that we have reserved.
- And as a final step we assemble the plate. Crispy chicken sirloin accompanied by flavored soy sauce.
The recipe is very easy and inexpensive, and they are also for licking your fingers!
I hope you liked this recipe for chicken fillets in soy sauce
Tips for a chicken in yummy flavored soy sauce
- Chicken sirloin is a very juicy type of cut. A lower part of the breast is called “sirloin” of the chicken and it lacks bone. For a few years, meat companies have separated and sold it separately when verifying that said meat is less dry and more tasty than breast.
- Marinating the sirloins in the soy sauce, the chicken gets a great flavor. We achieve this by sealing the sirloin in the frying so that its juices stay inside.
- The sauce is very tasty, in addition to the soy sauce, it incorporates orange, garlic, ginger and spices such as pepper … and if you like it with a spicy flavor you just have to add a little chilli or cayenne.
- When we add the orange, remember that we have previously washed the orange well and we should not grate the white part of the orange, otherwise the recipe will become bitter.
- If you want to give it a decorative touch, bean sprouts or coriander leaves will go perfectly. You will see how they look delicious, perfect to look like a great cooker.
- We can make this recipe any day of the week and it will delight young and old, I assure you. I would put about 3 sirloins per person, or directly all on a large plate to serve in the center of the table.